NDSU @ Iowa State, Its About Tradition

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know it's tough for our EIU brethren. They out-recruit us, out-spend us, out-tradition us, pretty much beat us at everything consistently except on the scoreboard. For some reason ISU has dominated the football series over the last decade. Winning 4 of the last 5 at the Jack. Even killing their 2002 national title hopes with a win AT Kinnick. Yet our program "stinks" so bad. I'd be ticked off too........

Yea its a tough pill to swallow for some, I just don't get the reasoning behind this. So they say we just try harder for one game a year, like a switch we can turn on and off? I wish it was that easy.

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
It is absolutely HILARIOUS how you ISU fans pick and choose how far back you go to claim that you "dominate" the cy-hawk game. Allow me to help you clowns out so maybe you can stop making yourselves look stupid...

For the record: Since it's conception in 1977, IOWA leads the series 21-11. If you look back to the more recent 6 years, IOWA leads 4-2, however anything over the past 5 years you might as well consider the entire series record, which again IOWA leads 21-11.

Please, please continue to show the world how ignorant you are by claiming that ISU dominates this series. :biglaugh:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It is absolutely HILARIOUS how you ISU fans pick and choose how far back you go to claim that you "dominate" the cy-hawk game. Allow me to help you clowns out so maybe you can stop making yourselves look stupid...

For the record: Since it's conception in 1977, IOWA leads the series 21-11. If you look back to the more recent 6 years, IOWA leads 4-2, however anything over the past 5 years you might as well consider the entire series record, which again IOWA leads 21-11.

Please, please continue to show the world how ignorant you are by claiming that ISU dominates this series. :biglaugh:

Funny cuz you just did the same exact thing

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Iowa and ISU didn't play before 1977?

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008

Because 6 years is a common number of years to go back? Talk abut the pot calling the kettle black. More common numbers:

5 years: Iowa 3-2 pretty even.

10 years: ISU 6-4 again pretty even.

Both fan bases are guilty of skewing the stats to look favourable for themselves but don't come on here preaching that ISU shouldn't "pick and choose" and then do so yourself. Makes you look like an idiot.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Where are you clown fans going to hide when NDSU beats Iowa State? This is a first where the home fans at a messageboard want to move a topic just because visitor fans are here. Wow, hope your football players have the same give up attitude!

Where are you going to be when your crap team gets absolutely slobberknocked? I would venture a guess and say it's not going to be on this board. Big talkers never show up after a monumental beat down.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
Iowa and ISU didn't play before 1977?

That is when the Cy-Hawk trophy was started. Iowa dominated the series way back when, if I remember right. They had to take a break when Iowa became on of the worst D1 football teams in history. They were still reeling when the series first started (ISU won like 4 of first 6) but then Fry came along and revived the program. That son of a *****:biggrin:.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
That is when the Cy-Hawk trophy was started. Iowa dominated the series way back when, if I remember right. They had to take a break when Iowa became on of the worst D1 football teams in history. They were still reeling when the series first started (ISU won like 4 of first 6) but then Fry came along and revived the program. That son of a *****:biggrin:.

Yeah, that was more or less a rhetorical question on my part.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

:biglaugh: So...by your criteria, Illinois (37-29-2 all-time vs the Hawks) has a MUCH better footbal program than Iowa. Minnesota (59-40-2 all-time vs. the Hawks) has a MUCH better football program than Iowa. Purdue (45-32-2 all-time vs the Hawks) has a MUCH better program than Iowa.

Please, oh please continue to show the world how ignorant you are by claiming Iowa dominates the series with those schools. :biglaugh:

And, bright boy, the Iowa State-Iowa series didn't start in 1977. That's when it was renewed. It was stopped back in 1934 after Iowa lost 31-6. Way to do your homework.

Geesh, I swore I would never reply to anyone in this thread.

Reactions: 06Panther

cy2win

May 15, 2006
I wonder how even the series would be if it had never been suspended. Especially through the 60's and 70's.

I wonder how the series would have been in the 90's if we had not been put on probation.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
:biglaugh: So...by your criteria, Illinois (37-29-2 all-time vs the Hawks) has a MUCH better footbal program than Iowa. Minnesota (59-40-2 all-time vs. the Hawks) has a MUCH better football program than Iowa. Purdue (45-32-2 all-time vs the Hawks) has a MUCH better program than Iowa.

Please, oh please continue to show the world how ignorant you are by claiming Iowa dominates the series with those schools. :biglaugh:

And, bright boy, the Iowa State-Iowa series didn't start in 1977. That's when it was renewed. It was stopped back in 1934 after Iowa lost 31-6. Way to do your homework.

Geesh, I swore I would never reply to anyone in this thread.

I didn't see him/her saying that at any point in his/her post.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Just amazing to me. AMAZING. How this terrible thread between NDSU and ISU can of course get turned into a thread about IOWA by IOWA fans. Go figure!

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Back on Topic please or we will CLOSE....

THANKS

Not to be a jerk or anything here, but what exactly is the topic of this thread? Nobody cares about these bison fans or their insignificant program. Basically, they're just here to chap our *****. If that's out of line, so be it, but I've yet to see anything good come from this thread or the live from bison township...er...nation thread.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not to be a jerk or anything here, but what exactly is the topic of this thread? Nobody cares about these bison fans or their insignificant program. Basically, they're just here to chap our *****. If that's out of line, so be it, but I've yet to see anything good come from this thread or the live from bison township...er...nation thread.

yeah.. go ahead and close it.