NCAA Tournament

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Iowa State has earned a #4 seed and will host Milwaukee in the First Round of NCAA Volleyball Tournament action...

Uh, wow - ISU is the #4 seed in the entire tournament - looks like the A&M loss didn't matter a bit.
As I posted earlier, I knew our #3 RPI would get us a high seed, but I never thought we would be the top seed in a regional, and in effect projected to get to the Final Four.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The NCAA VB selection committee is going to get attacked again. I'm a huge ISU VB fan, we've had a great year, but no way are we among the top four teams in the country.
And look at the Honolulu regional - they put USC (ranked #1), Neb, and Hawaii all there. Any one of them could win the whole thing.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Uh, wow - ISU is the #4 seed in the entire tournament - looks like the A&M loss didn't matter a bit.
As I posted earlier, I knew our #3 RPI would get us a high seed, but I never thought we would be the top seed in a regional, and in effect projected to get to the Final Four.

It may have helped aTm get the 16 seed. Listening to the USC coach whine on ESPNU now.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I rarely follow VB but my dad follows Illinois(grad). What happened to PSU this year? But good job ISU!

H

HGPuck

Also, congrats to UNI for getting the #6 seed. The Big 12 got a lot of respect from the committee. Some of the traditional names are sure to be upset by the draw. Looks like the committee used RPI heavily, which makes sense because it is unbiased unlike the highly biased coaches poll.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It may have helped aTm get the 16 seed. Listening to the USC coach whine on ESPNU now.

The USC coach has a right to complain. The committee sent perhaps the two best teams - USC and Neb - out to face Hawaii, who only has the best home court crowd in the country. Oh yeah, Hawaii could win the title too. It's idiotic.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I seem to remember the Big 12 getting screwed last year (or maybe the year before). I don't feel too sorry for the Pac 12.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron