NBA Draft v. US in World Cup? What will you watch on Thursday night?

What will you watch on Thursday night?

• NBA Draft with two Cyclones on the board

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • World Cup with US v. Germany

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I'll be watching the draft since I am taking a long lunch to watch the US match that afternoon.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Well at least now I know who hates America on this board. Sad and unpatriotic. The troops at Forward Base Echo in Afghanistan are frowning at you while they watch the match.

Nope, love America. Hate soccer. If the US had a flag twirling team do you have to watch that too since you are so patriotic? Chess? Sail boat racing? Rugby? I mean where do you draw the line for people that hate America?

But I mean all the exciting sports are sports you can watch for 2 hours and still end in a 2-2 TIE.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nope, love America. Hate soccer. If the US had a flag twirling team do you have to watch that too since you are so patriotic? Chess? Sail boat racing? Rugby? I mean where do you draw the line for people that hate America?

But I mean all the exciting sports are sports you can watch for 2 hours and still end in a 2-2 TIE.

Is the Chess, sail boating and rugby on ESPN and ABC? Are those sports on the front page of every sports website right now? Are the troops at Forward Base Echo waking up in the middle of the night in Afghanistan watching those sports? If American honor or respect is at stake in Women's bobsledding I get behind it. If you're wearing the Red, White and Blue then I'm With You. Get behind something that obviously means a lot to the nation instead of taking a dump on it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hate 11am starts!

Can't edit poll text. So who will watch World Cup even if the US has already played.

E-mail JP.

And I'll watch a soccer game between Iran and North Korea before I'd watch the NBA Draft.

Last edited:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Professional basketball? I hate European things.

Definitely would watch soccer instead.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Is the Chess, sail boating and rugby on ESPN and ABC? Are those sports on the front page of every sports website right now? Are the troops at Forward Base Echo waking up in the middle of the night in Afghanistan watching those sports? If American honor or respect is at stake in Women's bobsledding I get behind it. If you're wearing the Red, White and Blue then I'm With You. Get behind something that obviously means a lot to the nation instead of taking a dump on it.

Really??

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Well at least now I know who hates America on this board. Sad and unpatriotic. The troops at Forward Base Echo in Afghanistan are frowning at you while they watch the match.

If not wanting to watch an incredibly boring game that I can't stand makes me unpatriotic, then I guess I should go give up my citizenship.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
If not wanting to watch an incredibly boring game that I can't stand makes me unpatriotic, then I guess I should go give up my citizenship.

Yeah, slight overreaction there. Just because some of our troops enjoy something doesn't mean the entire country has to enjoy it as well. Oh, and I'm picking soccer btw.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Lol at the people who hate on soccer. Probably never gave it a chance. I can understand not liking domestic soccer because MLS isn't up to par with the world, but the upper echelon leagues and international soccer are downright fun to watch.

I choose soccer. I will get an update on my phone if any ISU players get drafted.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Lol at the people who hate on soccer. Probably never gave it a chance. I can understand not liking domestic soccer because MLS isn't up to par with the world, but the upper echelon leagues and international soccer are downright fun to watch.

I choose soccer. I will get an update on my phone if any ISU players get drafted.

It's only a matter of time, I know plenty of soccer haters who have become huge fans once they learned the game. The soccer haters will convert or die off in a couple generations.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

I actually like watching MLS soccer, and the quality isn't nearly as bad as it was. Also, if you're new to watching the sport, I feel like as long as the quality is at least pro-level you'll enjoy it, because you can't tell the difference yet.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It's only a matter of time, I know plenty of soccer haters who have become huge fans once they learned the game. The soccer haters will convert or die off in a couple generations.

I don't like soccer. And I was legally able to ref it years ago in Iowa. So I'd say my understanding of it is at least decent.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I'm surprised at the number of people that are going to watch the soccer match on tape delay Thursday night

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You'll die off too.

Soccer will have to do two things to be popular in America. Get rid of draws, because agree or not, America wants to see a winner. And they'll have to not make it where it costs 1,000 dollars for your kid just to play the game. Until it gets significantly cheaper for kids to participate more in, it won't even sniff the jocks of football, baseball or basketball.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Soccer will have to do two things to be popular in America. Get rid of draws, because agree or not, America wants to see a winner. And they'll have to not make it where it costs 1,000 dollars for your kid just to play the game. Until it gets significantly cheaper for kids to participate more in, it won't even sniff the jocks of football, baseball or basketball.

1. No

B. It's called rec soccer that costs less than $150 a year

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

conformity.sign_.jpeg