NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I know this is an old post... but seriously how do we all feel if GS gets the #1 pick or something? Shades of San Antonio getting Duncan.

No Tim Duncan in this upcoming draft but I do think this is more like a blip in the Warriors' run than the end. They'll have Steph, Klay and Draymond back healthy next season and the guys getting minutes this year should develop into quality rotation guys so they'll be deeper than they have been in a while. And they'll either have DeAngelo Russell plus a top five-ish lottery pick to add to the mix or they can use them as trade assets to acquire a proven vet. They'll be back in contention next season.

The only thing I worry about with them is Steph, Dray and/or Klay playing in the Olympics next summer. If I was a Warriors fan I'd rather have them getting a full summer off and completely recharging.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m just saying a very good prospect. Nobody is going to become the best PF ever in this draft.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I’m just saying a very good prospect. Nobody is going to become the best PF ever in this draft.

Yeah, I get what you meant. It's kind of similar to the Spurs and Duncan in that a very good team is likely going to have one very down year and jump right back to contender status next season. I'm not even convinced they keep whatever pick they get. For their team's timeline maybe it makes more sense to trade for a proven vet who can be a major contributor right away.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So Carmelo is something like +40 over his last few games. Could he actually be performing?

Edit: He’s +48 over the last three

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
So Carmelo is something like +40 over his last few games. Could he actually be performing?

Edit: He’s +48 over the last three
He's looking comfortable right now against bad teams, but better than I expected so soon especially

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Watched a total of 5 minutes of 4th qtr of one NBA game on Christmas— LAL vs Clippers

Hyped game

analysis ?

‘Bron ‘Bron in clutch time didn’t do squat . He sucked

Jordan never tanked like this at the end of a game
Jordan never actively pressured Mgmt. or covertly recruited other all stars to win titles like the entitled Lebron

Jordan won w/ the Bill Cartwrights and Will Perdues of the world

Merry Christmas!

Screw the Lakers

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Watched a total of 5 minutes of 4th qtr of one NBA game on Christmas— LAL vs Clippers

Hyped game

analysis ?

Jordan never actively pressured Mgmt. or covertly recruited other all stars to win titles like the entitled Lebron

Merry Christmas!

Screw the Lakers

I got to watch a good portion of the LAL-LAC match-up -- what a game. To me, it felt like a playoff game. It makes a difference to have 4 of the top players in the world at the same time. Kawhi has brought his offensive game so far since his Spurs days. LeBron got stripped going up on that late shot - yes - but watching him distribute at this stage in his career is very enjoyable. Great stuff - that game could make you an NBA fan.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I got to watch a good portion of the LAL-LAC match-up -- what a game. To me, it felt like a playoff game. It makes a difference to have 4 of the top players in the world at the same time. Kawhi has brought his offensive game so far since his Spurs days. LeBron got stripped going up on that late shot - yes - but watching him distribute at this stage in his career is very enjoyable. Great stuff - that game could make you an NBA fan.

It was a fun game to watch. Costly loss for the Lakers, too. Sounds like Lebron might miss some time after he aggravated a groin injury. The Lakers become an ordinary team pretty quickly with AD or Lebron out of the lineup. But they'd be right to sit Lebron for a while and err on the side of caution. The goal for them should be having both stars healthy in May and June.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Hyped game

analysis ?

Merry Christmas!

Screw the Lakers

They're both incredibly special in their own right and I dont understand why we continue to have to have this conversation. If you're a fan of the game learn to appreciate them as separate talents and stop comparing

Reactions: Doc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They're both incredibly special in their own right and I dont understand why we continue to have to have this conversation. If you're a fan of the game learn to appreciate them as separate talents and stop comparing
The Jordan vs. Lebron debate is probably one of the most exhausting arguments of all time.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That's before you even get the Kobe truthers coming out of the woodwork.
Exactly. And there are other players that have played that have made legitimate cases to be included in the conversation as well.

In my honest opinion, I think Lebron not having a couple more championships hurts his case immensely. I'm not saying it's fair or if championships need to be part of the criteria, but if Lebron was 5-3 in the Finals and not 3-5, I think it'd be hard for a lot of people to think he wasn't the best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron