Natural Grass vs Artificial/Field Turf

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This may be a stupid question, it probably is but: in these artificial field turf stadiums, when they paint the logo on the field, what do they have to do in order to change them? ISU, obviously, mows and re-applies the lines and logos. Do they just rinse it off? I had never thought about it until I saw the IOWA STATE painted in the end zone of Jerry World recently.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This may be a stupid question, it probably is but: in these artificial field turf stadiums, when they paint the logo on the field, what do they have to do in order to change them? ISU, obviously, mows and re-applies the lines and logos. Do they just rinse it off? I had never thought about it until I saw the IOWA STATE painted in the end zone of Jerry World recently.
A lot of them unzip those pieces of turf and put new ones in.

Others there's a machine that basically scrubs it out.

• Informative
Reactions: Die4Cy

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Maybe this post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, but I like the idea. Seems to me to be the next step in turf management, and it is the 21st century. Grass should be able to be grown at any time with the right technology at a university with "Science and Technology" in its name.
I am serious. The real world absurdity of naming rights and corporate sponsorship in amateur athletics is probably what made it appear tongue in cheek.

If Pennington says no, maybe someone in the Department of Horticulture can write a research grant to cover the expenses of a new high tech solution.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron