National Exposure's Affect on Recruits

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Our success and the accompanying national exposure has to be the dream scenario for helping to land Vaughn and Cunningham. The team is up there with the traditionally elite teams. I love that we are ranked higher than KU, UNC, and UK, all teams on Vaughn's short list.

And, all of the talk about Fred's success with transfers is great for helping to land future transfers such as (I hope) Chane Behanen. If you want to maximize your last year in college ball, ISU would be the first team you would think of joining.

And, I think our ceiling is still higher than other highly ranked teams as with 6 out of the top players playing together for the first time, we are still learning to play together.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Going into this year, my hope was that we would be good, and show that we were not taking a step back. The addition of Kane made me think that we probably would be, but I don't think anyone expected that a team with just two experienced returning players would come out and do this.

Reactions: Bobber

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Vaughn
Cunningham
Behanen
Ellenson
Diallo

Come on down.

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
What a great ride! Keep it up! I'm done worrying about matchup problems. ISU is the matchup problem!

As long as ISU continues to dictate tempo, which they did a masterful job of last night and have for most of the season, you are absolutely right. Most of the Iowa and UNI games they played the type of game that those teams wanted to play, not the game ISU wanted to play, and it showed with huge deficits to overcome. Thankfully this team is talented enough to beat almost anyone, and as long as they play their game and stay composed they have a chance to do something great.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Going into this year, my hope was that we would be good, and show that we were not taking a step back. The addition of Kane made me think that we probably would be, but I don't think anyone expected that a team with just two experienced returning players would come out and do this.

Ditto.