My role on CF evolves

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm sure it's difficult, CF has been your passion project. But you need to make sure you take care of your health first, there are people depending on you. Hopefully a quick and complete recovery is coming your way.

Reactions: t-noah

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Hope you get to feeling better Jeremy. A lot of people are going through stuff as well and take comfort in your willingness to be open about your journey.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Jeremy, thank you for all you have done to make Cyclone Fanatic the best of the best in forums about sports or any other topic. We ALL have benefited.

The only thing I would want to "correct" in your text is the part about "probably had it coming". NOBODY DESERVES TO BE TREATED WITH DISRESPECT or HATE, especially not people like you whose volunteer workload involved improving the environment for everyone.

You are right to put your health first and foremost. I join many, many others in wishing you a full and swift improvement in your health. May your personal strength and resilience see you through to calmer, healthier times.

Sharing with you my favorite Chinese ideogram. It's their word for "Tranquility". As you can see, it's a guy sitting, relaxed, with his legs crossed. Be well, Fellow Cyclone Fanatic.

tranquility.png

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Please take care of yourself, Jeremy.

I truly believe the world is a better place with you in it. Please do what you must to continue being part of this world.

Thank you for all you have done and what you choose to continue doing.

[email protected]

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2008
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Please remember you are not alone and don't have to face life's difficulties alone. Reach out in your community for someone you can help. It will pay dividends for you.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Jeremy, thank you for all you have done to make Cyclone Fanatic the best of the best in forums about sports or any other topic. We ALL have benefited.

The only thing I would want to "correct" in your text is the part about "probably had it coming". NOBODY DESERVES TO BE TREATED WITH DISRESPECT or HATE, especially not people like you whose volunteer workload involved improving the environment for everyone.

You are right to put your health first and foremost. I join many, many others in wishing you a full and swift improvement in your health. May your personal strength and resilience see you through to calmer, healthier times.

Sharing with you my favorite Chinese ideogram. It's their word for "Tranquility". As you can see, it's a guy sitting, relaxed, with his legs crossed. Be well, Fellow Cyclone Fanatic.

View attachment 109110

I hate to be the one to tell you what that symbol really means but..............................

LOL

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
Hang in there Jeremy. Best wishes for a quick recovery. I’ve somewhat been in your shoes. Before age 50 I had 3 heart surgeries and spent time in the ICU at Mayo. In 2021, I battled two forms of cancer…at the same time. My take away from all of it? Don’t sweat the small stuff…and 99.8% of it is small stuff. Take care

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah and 2122

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
physical health ≥ mental health > cf

take care of yourself first my guy!

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
As just one of the faceless anonymous people on here let me add my positive response. I know I, as a lurker and part time smart-aleck,, spend too much time on CF. And care too much about Cyclone athletics.

Do everything you need to do to address your needs and stop in and let everyone know how you're doing.

And thanks for all you've done to make this the best college sports site (and community) on the net.

• Winner

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
As many of you have gathered over the past month, both my mental and physical state have not been the best (well they've always sucked, they just suck in more impactful ways now). Normally I wouldn't post something like this outside the mod board, but I've had a number of people continue to reach out after the mental health thread and my likelihood of responding is going to be much less for a while...

Two days after my thread around the will to live, ironically, I had a stroke and heart attack. Spending a few days in the hospital kept me from being as active on CF, and again reiterated how much it means to me and is a part of my life. Unfortunately, my mental health has only continued to get worse, likely leading up to having a very short leash in a few threads on Sunday.

Early yesterday AM, I was rushed from work to the ER for another stroke, this time a bit larger (MRI revealed it left a centimeter sized mass, some scar tissue, and other things I don't comprehend in the brain) - but thankfully there was no residual hemorrhaging. Some slurred speech remains, but otherwise doing well. And still, my mental health continues as it has been, at a very dire point.

So with that, I will be making several changes that will impact some of you, and elate most of you...
  1. I anticipate no longer doing much, if any, texting or communicating with coaches, players, recruits, donors, etc.
    1. Those that had group PMs with me on these things will no longer get responses.
    2. Those that looked for me to fill in w/ info during the quiet times in the Premium forum will be disappointed.
  2. I plan to avoid game threads and other threads with an emotional overtone (thankfully I was unable to watch last night's game I take it).
  3. I will not be reading or responding to PMs - a place where a lot of hatred comes my way for whatever reason (I probably deserve it).
    1. Exception being if I can tell from the title it's positive or if it's from somebody that I already know/respect.
  4. I will likely be more of a lurker than poster for a while.
Unfortunately, CF has never stopped being my #1 passion and pride after family and work so none of this will help the mental health issues in any way. I would guesstimate that I spend 80% of my online time on CF - the rest on 3d printing and tech websites.

Thank you to all that continue to make CF so much to so many. Please be kind to each other, and especially the moderators who give their time to do a thankless job. And please make sure to continue to look after your own mental and physical well being.
I will make this short and sweet. I can see now that you probably get a lot of responses, PM's, etc.

Get well and don't go away! Take the time that you need! We are all rooting for you and thank you for all you've done, and do, for CF!! I've had some anxiety issues myself. Get better on that end as well.

Your friend(s),
:)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think everyone in this world would be so much happier and heathier if we all would just choose to not be asshats to each other. The perceived anonymity of the internet has given people the impression that it's important to feel 'right' and to be an ******* about it whenever possible. I'm sorry that this culture has impacted you so negatively Jeremy. I sincerely hope you can find a healthy balance between a hobby you obviously love (Cyfan) and your health.

Good luck!
While this may be true, I still like to find the good in people. I need that in return as well. Some don't.

What comforts me some, is that the people in the middle ground in America, even people on the L and R, many of them, maybe most, are often silent and well behaved.

I know it doesn't seem that way sometimes!

• Friendly
Reactions: tzjung

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
As many of you have gathered over the past month, both my mental and physical state have not been the best (well they've always sucked, they just suck in more impactful ways now). Normally I wouldn't post something like this outside the mod board, but I've had a number of people continue to reach out after the mental health thread and my likelihood of responding is going to be much less for a while...

Two days after my thread around the will to live, ironically, I had a stroke and heart attack. Spending a few days in the hospital kept me from being as active on CF, and again reiterated how much it means to me and is a part of my life. Unfortunately, my mental health has only continued to get worse, likely leading up to having a very short leash in a few threads on Sunday.

Early yesterday AM, I was rushed from work to the ER for another stroke, this time a bit larger (MRI revealed it left a centimeter sized mass, some scar tissue, and other things I don't comprehend in the brain) - but thankfully there was no residual hemorrhaging. Some slurred speech remains, but otherwise doing well. And still, my mental health continues as it has been, at a very dire point.

So with that, I will be making several changes that will impact some of you, and elate most of you...
  1. I anticipate no longer doing much, if any, texting or communicating with coaches, players, recruits, donors, etc.
    1. Those that had group PMs with me on these things will no longer get responses.
    2. Those that looked for me to fill in w/ info during the quiet times in the Premium forum will be disappointed.
  2. I plan to avoid game threads and other threads with an emotional overtone (thankfully I was unable to watch last night's game I take it).
  3. I will not be reading or responding to PMs - a place where a lot of hatred comes my way for whatever reason (I probably deserve it).
    1. Exception being if I can tell from the title it's positive or if it's from somebody that I already know/respect.
  4. I will likely be more of a lurker than poster for a while.
Unfortunately, CF has never stopped being my #1 passion and pride after family and work so none of this will help the mental health issues in any way. I would guesstimate that I spend 80% of my online time on CF - the rest on 3d printing and tech websites.

Thank you to all that continue to make CF so much to so many. Please be kind to each other, and especially the moderators who give their time to do a thankless job. And please make sure to continue to look after your own mental and physical well being.
Be well @Jeremy!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron