Most Random Place You've Run Into A Cyclone Fan

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
In 2000 I was checking into the Holiday Inn in Portland, ME. I was at one pay window. Another gentleman walked up to the other receptionist. I pulled out my ISU Alumni Assoc credit card and handed it to the desk clerk. The other guy pulled his ISU Alumni Assoc credit card out to pay. With both did a double take and then exchanged pleasantries.

brownie

May 13, 2006
Maui 2012 walking through a parking lot headed for a tour wearing my I State hat heard a guy tell "heard we got this guy named Georges!" Had a very brief conversation, made my day.
Not surprisingly, walking through a national park 2 days later saw a young couple wearing hok gear. Gave them a polite good morning and smile only to be ignored other than the whispering and giggling. Classy fanbase. Only rude people the whole two weeks, including air travel.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Ran into Sage's Dad in Rocky Mtn National Park on a trail.

Asked when my wife and I were in school and said his son went to school at the same time. Then said his son was "on the football team."

cyjones75

Aug 24, 2012
Ames area
Napoleon’s tomb in Paris. Two fellow ISU staffers were visiting there. One can see ISU gear in the little German town of Wulfrath, near Düsseldorf. The gymnasium (high school) there has a long-standing exchange with Ames Hi and the German students Visit ISU. Saw a man wearing a USS Iowa hat there, also.

JMM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2017
Ran into Kevin Dresser in NC at the outer banks (OBX) in 2019...that was cool.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Was touring a castle in Ireland about 5 years ago, had an Iowa State cap on. A cute young lady said go Cyclones to me. We chatted a bit and turns out she was a sophomore at ISU and was visiting Ireland with her family. Also same trip was at the Jameson brewery and went up to get our tickets for our drink. Cap had the I State logo on it. The guy giving out tickets said in an Irish accent go Cyclones. Was floored to find someone in Ireland that recognized the I state logo and knew we were the Cyclones.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I was staying at Holiday Inn Express in Cedartown, GA and walked out in the parking lot the next morning and an Iowa State University car was parked next to me. I assume it was a staff/faculty person or group. I kept alert to attempt to discern who they might be that evening and the next morning (at breakfast) but never was able to. No idea what they were doing down in that area as it is a 13 hour drive from Ames.

Help Support Us

Become a patron