Most Pathetic Wussies Ever

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Seriously, MilehighClone. More excuses! Societal and demographic shifts!! I wonder how Kansas State ever developed their program given all the issues they face. I am a cyclone fan by the way so I know all about patience! I am not burning CPR at the stake but please stop with the excuses why we are not successful.

Lax academics when it comes to JUCOs?

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
I don't know what to do anymore... If I say we need to fire someone or that we stink I get yelled at. If I say that we have suffered injuries at key positions I get yelled at for excuses. If I say we are young and inexperienced I get yelled at. If I say that we need to look to next year I get yelled at.

I think most people are ok with saying things need to change. I think what gets most peoples goat is the venom with which some posters do it. Not saying that is you specifically, as I haven't read every thread on this same subject. But you know what I mean or know the posters of which I speak. I think most people would have a civil discussion about all of this but as soon as one jack on either side starts to get personal things escalate, and quite quickly.

Changes need to be made in my opinion. But calling mess a fing moron isn't the right way to have the discussion because people get defensive. Saying mess need s to go and that you don't think he is the man for the job is another. I think the op was getting at the immaturity of the arguments as much as the argument itself.

Yes. Finally someone understands the spirit of my post.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Saying mess need s to go and that you don't think he is the man for the job is another. I think the op was getting at the immaturity of the arguments as much as the argument itself.

Yeah but I tried this a month ago and was ridiculed and continuously accused of saying I know more than Rhoads. No matter what I say or how I say it, some village idiot comes along and twists it around to discredit me. Nothing worth getting too worked up about but it really pisses me off at times!

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I don't know what to do anymore... If I say we need to fire someone or that we stink I get yelled at. If I say that we have suffered injuries at key positions I get yelled at for excuses. If I say we are young and inexperienced I get yelled at. If I say that we need to look to next year I get yelled at.

Personally I think this year has been a maelstrom of negative events that have culminated in a young team losing faith in themselves and the team. Some of it has been execution (Offense line), Some of it has been Preparation (Coaching staff), Some of it has been poor play (All cross the board), Some of it has been playcalling (The entire staff). It has just a been a **** year. A **** **** **** year. There needs to be changes made on the coaching staff, there needs to be someone brought in to mentor the QBs and Rhoads needs to keep his hands off the Offense and give it to someone qualified who can build something consistent.

This is a much better approach and agree 100%.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Does one season make a career? Changing coaches every 4-5 years is not the answer. What coach would we get that A) Is better than Rhoads? B) Would want one of the most difficult coaching jobs in the country and C) Would want to coach for a fan base who is so short-minded that they forget all the things the coach has accomplished in his first 4 years and bail at the first sign of adversity, without even letting the season play out?

Lets hire another Chizik, suck for 2 years, then have him leave for a better job again.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Does one season make a career? Changing coaches every 4-5 years is not the answer. What coach would we get that A) Is better than Rhoads? B) Would want one of the most difficult coaching jobs in the country and C) Would want to coach for a fan base who is so short-minded that they forget all the things the coach has accomplished in his first 4 years and bail at the first sign of adversity, without even letting the season play out?

Lets hire another Chizik, suck for 2 years, then have him leave for a better job again.

I'm not even saying to fire the man, but the "we can't do better" argument is asinine.
As for point C, what coach really comes into a job thinking that a 1-2 win season will be OK with anybody? Those guys know that's a record that will get people fired up in a negative direction for them.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Does one season make a career? Changing coaches every 4-5 years is not the answer.

I'm 100% with Paul and I totally agree that we MUST stick with him. I've told every Cyclones fan I know that Paul needs to be afforded just as much time as Dan was...but...I'm not sure that next season isn't going to be disappointing too. We're going 1-11 this season and I think it's pretty rare than teams go to bowls the next season after a season like that. And yes, I consider anything less than six wins and a bowl a disappointing season. So far Paul's career @ ISU has been great, imo.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I am flat out embarrassed with how many posters on this board are carrying on about all things currently bad with the Cyclone football program. We all knew this would be a challenging season. Many posters calling for the head of Rhoads and Mess should be ashamed of the perceptual damage YOU are doing to this program. Many of YOU are stating reasons why recruits will not come here now due to poor coaching and development. Many of YOU are stating because of this coaching staff's issues this year the sky is falling. Get a grip. If I was a recruit, I would question many of the ISU fans on this board. Would I want to be associated with all this arm chair finger pointing and negativity?

If I was a recruit, I would trust my instincts on the relationship I have built with the staff and my future prospective teammates. Not the negativity that many of YOU posters are putting out there.

Grow up, grow a sack and go positively represent this fan base and root for this team.

I quit caring during half time of the Iowa game. I decided then if we won any games from then on, I'd still be happy. If we lost, I'd just shake it off and remind myself I knew we would be bad, and that we were not going to a bowl anyways, that basketball season was coming up.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Here is exactly why we are bad. Take the list below as excuses if you want, I don't really care

Inexperience
Bad Play Calling
Injuries
Lack of overall talent
Poor Tackling
Bad coaching
An Awful secondary
Dropping Passes
Turnovers
Bad QB decisions
Referees(Since the Texas game our opponents have drawn the least amount of penlties in the nation, not joking.)

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Here is exactly why we are bad. Take the list below as excuses if you want, I don't really care

Inexperience
Bad Play Calling
Injuries
Lack of overall talent
Poor Tackling
Bad coaching
An Awful secondary
Dropping Passes
Turnovers
Bad QB decisions
Referees(Since the Texas game our opponents have drawn the least amount of penlties in the nation, not joking.)

And that can be traced back to coaches whining about referring (even though they were right).

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
'Many posters calling for the head of Rhoads and Mess should be ashamed of the perceptual damage YOU are doing to this program.'

You completely overestimate the power of an online message on recruits and damage to a program. I am pretty damn sure going 1-11, losing to UNI and getting blown out in 3 straight games does far more damage than I ever can by posting a simple: 'Messingham needs to go.'

Potential recruit: I was all set to pick ISU but then I read this post by an anonymous jerk named InAWord on CF, now I've decided to pick Rice.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I am flat out embarrassed with how many posters on this board are carrying on about all things currently bad with the Cyclone football program. We all knew this would be a challenging season. Many posters calling for the head of Rhoads and Mess should be ashamed of the perceptual damage YOU are doing to this program. Many of YOU are stating reasons why recruits will not come here now due to poor coaching and development. Many of YOU are stating because of this coaching staff's issues this year the sky is falling. Get a grip. If I was a recruit, I would question many of the ISU fans on this board. Would I want to be associated with all this arm chair finger pointing and negativity?

If I was a recruit, I would trust my instincts on the relationship I have built with the staff and my future prospective teammates. Not the negativity that many of YOU posters are putting out there.

Grow up, grow a sack and go positively represent this fan base and root for this team.

Yes, because as a recruit, I care not about which coach will greatly utilize my talents, which coach will develop me into the best player on the team, what on-campus life is like, how advanced are the training facilities or how committed the staff and administration are; NO, what matters to me is the level of whininess from posters on a fan forum.

Recruits don't give half a **** what we the fans think. Why would they waste their time with what people think about them? They go to school to advance their talents and will go where they feel they can be the most successful. This ******** about "fan forum whiners negatively impact recruiting" is a stupid excuse for our success/failure as a football program. It's like saying your steak was improperly cooked because the cold milk hurt your sensitive teeth.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Yes, because as a recruit, I care not about which coach will greatly utilize my talents, which coach will develop me into the best player on the team, what on-campus life is like, how advanced are the training facilities or how committed the staff and administration are; NO, what matters to me is the level of whininess from posters on a fan forum.

Recruits don't give half a **** what we the fans think. Why would they waste their time with what people think about them? They go to school to advance their talents and will go where they feel they can be the most successful. This ******** about "fan forum whiners negatively impact recruiting" is a stupid excuse for our success/failure as a football program. It's like saying your steak was improperly cooked because the cold milk hurt your sensitive teeth.

Hi, my name is Nigel Tribune. I am the only Freshman not to redshirt this year at ISU. I decommitted last spring because of negativity by the fan base on these forums. My coaches talked me back into coming to ISU. Sure hope some of the recruits that have visited this Fall don't feel the same way I did last year.

Are you sure "Recruits don't give half a **** what we fans think?

Steveg

Oct 13, 2013

Would you realy want your son to come play here?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron