Most Awkward Interview Ever...

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Hate both of them, but this is way more of a Harbaugh "thing" than Cowherd. Why even do interviews at this point?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Heard this interview live. Man, that was awkward. Seemed like Jim was a combination of multitasking at the time with some lala land mixed in. No doubt Harbaugh is one weird dude for sure. Not exactly a guy I'd want to play for. Loved it towards the end when Jim asked "what is this... 50 questions?". No Jim, it is called an interview that you agreed to do and interviews contain questions. Hate to break it to you.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I wonder if Michigan is having him tone things down after some of the earlier headlines. Seems like a very Michigan thing to do so I wouldn't doubt it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think he was at Walmart at the time in the dressing room and wondering if he should stop buying 34inch inseams on khakis and go with a 32, so he doesn't have to cuff them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I like Cowherd. Knows his market, knows his audience and is tongue in cheek a lot of times.

He was talking about this after the interview and was very aware of how bad it was.

I'm curious to see how Harbaugh does with Michigan and if in 5 years he'll push himself out of there as well.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Don't feel a bit bad for Colin. He is a genius, I guess, at what he does but I will NEVER listen to his show.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Overall, I'm not a big Colin fan even though I listen occasionally. However, that interview was not Colin's fault.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Overall, I'm not a big Colin fan even though I listen occasionally. However, that interview was not Colin's fault.
Same here, not a fan of Cowherd but until the very end, he actually kept himself together and kept the interview moving the best he could.

Why does Harbaugh agree to an interview if he doesn't want to give the guy 5 minutes? Is that Michigan's AD telling him he has to do things like this?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don't like Cowherd and am neutral towards Harbaugh. That was all on Harbaugh.

The cynical side of me finds it all hilarious because interviews are such a joke anyways.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Bad interview for both sides. That opening question was garbage & Harbaugh said "I don't know" to about every question. I agree that it was mostly on Harbaugh even though I'm not a fan of Cowherd.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't like Cowherd, but that was totally on Harbaugh. Cowherd was softballing him big time to start and Jim sounded like he was surfing the internet during the interview. I love the fact he calls Harbaugh out on it at the end. He shouldn't do radio interviews if he can't do any better than that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Harbaugh's an awful interview. Those were very good questions even if easy, but Harnaugh doesn't give good interviews. He's at his best doing his own thing.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not a Colin guy but he did the best he could asking questions....

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Listening to Cowherd speak about it after the fact was great. I agree with most people on here that Cowherd is not the most likeable guy in the world, but he does know what he's doing when he is interviewing/giving his opinion. It is his job and he is good at it.

He talked to Mark Brunell after the interview and even Brunell was ripping Harbaugh for it. Cowherd was giving him softball questions to sell himself and his program and Harbaugh seemed kinda defensive/not interested. They (cowherd&brunell) went on to talk about Saban and even though he hates doing interviews he knocks it out of the park every time he does one. Not too serious and only praises his team and institution. Poor job by Harbaugh, if I was a recruit I don't know how I'd feel about playing for him after the way he handled that interview.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I also think there is a level of Jim's arrogance is just high enough to think he can multi-task and fluff his way through an interview his boss is probably making him do..... guess not. No Jim, you aren't that good.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Rough interview couldn't have happned to a better guy, Cowherd is awful, just another talking head knows very little. He's like a poor mans special needs Jim Rome

MBCyclones

Sep 20, 2008
Is that how Harbaugh usually is? How does he get recruits with a personality like that? Just weirdly awkward.

Help Support Us

Become a patron