Most Awkward Interview Ever...

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Meh... It wasn't as awkward as the Jim Rome/Jim (Chris) Everett interview...

[video=youtube;57W05-oopNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57W05-oopNA[/video]

bots

Oct 6, 2010
As a 49ers fan I watched a few dozen Harbaugh press conferences over the last several years. Yes, he's always like this with the media. Easy to see how he rubs some people the wrong way... just a guy who keeps everything close to the vest and doesn't really want to share anything he doesn't have to. With the press conferences he didn't have a choice (per NFL requirements). Not sure why he would bother to go on Cowherd and do the same thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wasn't it this sort of thing that tanked his interview with JP about being our head coach?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Heard this interview live. Man, that was awkward. Seemed like Jim was a combination of multitasking at the time with some lala land mixed in. No doubt Harbaugh is one weird dude for sure. Not exactly a guy I'd want to play for. Loved it towards the end when Jim asked "what is this... 50 questions?". No Jim, it is called an interview that you agreed to do and interviews contain questions. Hate to break it to you.
I'm imagining Harbaugh sitting at his desk shopping for khakis online during the interview.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Has anyone seen the bit he got filmed doing a HS camp without a shirt... Dude could use a little P90x

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cowherd is an *****-puckering tool. Total kiss up. He gets Harbaugh on the line and all of a sudden he's a fan of the B1G. Shocker.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Listening to Cowherd speak about it after the fact was great. I agree with most people on here that Cowherd is not the most likeable guy in the world, but he does know what he's doing when he is interviewing/giving his opinion. It is his job and he is good at it.

He talked to Mark Brunell after the interview and even Brunell was ripping Harbaugh for it. Cowherd was giving him softball questions to sell himself and his program and Harbaugh seemed kinda defensive/not interested. They (cowherd&brunell) went on to talk about Saban and even though he hates doing interviews he knocks it out of the park every time he does one. Not too serious and only praises his team and institution. Poor job by Harbaugh, if I was a recruit I don't know how I'd feel about playing for him after the way he handled that interview.

If an interview turns you off as a player, my guess is you aren't making it under Harbaugh.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Cowherd is my favorite morning talk show host. Way better than Mike & Ike (those two are awful). Way better than Patrick who talks more about rubbing elbows with some celebrity than he does about sports. He is self-promoting and condescending to his employees. RIch Eisen is a watered down Patrick (if I have to hear American Pharo-uh or Belmont Stanks again I'm gonna blow my brains out). Eisen and Patrick try to be clever and witty whereas Colin is actually clever and witty. I don't listen to Rome much but after the praise he gets for being a good interviewer I will be giving him more of a shot. I guess I don't get the Cowherd hate.
Harbaugh is a total doosh who can coach a football team until he gets under evereverybody's skin. He MAY bring Michigan back, but kids and parents are looking for likeability these days (Bob Knight would never fly today). He isn't doing himself any favors by building on the reputation of dooshbaggery. I'm a 4.3 WR. You are? Is that Harbaugh's attempt at humor? If so, he and Palin should go on tour together.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
If an interview turns you off as a player, my guess is you aren't making it under Harbaugh.
Yeah, because this is the first time Harbaugh has shown he is hard to get along with. Parents beware...there are coaches that are as good or better and your son probably won't despise them after 4 years. Harbaugh's unlikability can hurt him in the college ranks. Things have changed since he was hired at Stanford (such as we know he is a big pain in the ***, proven repeatedly). He is Tom Thibideuex in khakis.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Cowherd is a moron. That was all Harbaugh's doing in the interview, but I remember when Cowherd first started at ESPN years ago. He was on some morning talk show they did on television, and he didn't know jack squat about sports. I'm amazed that this guy has his own radio show and people actually listen to what he has to say. The only thing that guy could possibly know about sports now is what ESPN has spoon fed him over his years there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I listen to Cowherd a few times a week. Don't always agree with him, but he does interview well. Funny how the Michigan fans are lining up behind Harbaugh blaming Cowherd.

BodeClone

May 15, 2014
Why would Jim Football Harbaugh (the best coach in the country) need this radio platform to win over recruits. This man is a proven winner. It bothers me when bo-zos try to bring down ultra successful men who just do what they can to provide for their families. You see it constantly on twitter, and this needs to stop right now.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Why would Jim Football Harbaugh (the best coach in the country) need this radio platform to win over recruits. This man is a proven winner. It bothers me when bo-zos try to bring down ultra successful men who just do what they can to provide for their families. You see it constantly on twitter, and this needs to stop right now.
I'm not sure if you are joking...but if not...
How was Colin trying to bring him down? Why did Hardball agree to the interview if he was going to be a **** to the host? What makes him the best coach in the country (may not be #1 in B1G)? Did it at all sound like Jim "footmouth" Harbaugh was trying to win over recruits? (Satellite camps are proof he is looking for all the help he can get.) What makes Colin a bozo? How would we perceive this interview had that been Ferentz or McCaffrey?
At what point is "ultra-successfull" more important than "all encompassingly unlikeable"? Ask the 49ers, they were clearly tired of his personality. Again, he is Thibideuex of football.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Yeah, because this is the first time Harbaugh has shown he is hard to get along with. Parents beware...there are coaches that are as good or better and your son probably won't despise them after 4 years. Harbaugh's unlikability can hurt him in the college ranks. Things have changed since he was hired at Stanford (such as we know he is a big pain in the ***, proven repeatedly). He is Tom Thibideuex in khakis.

Who exactly "despises" Harbaugh? His ex-players love him. "Unlikability" my ***,

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cowherd is my favorite morning talk show host. Way better than Mike & Ike (those two are awful). Way better than Patrick who talks more about rubbing elbows with some celebrity than he does about sports. He is self-promoting and condescending to his employees. RIch Eisen is a watered down Patrick (if I have to hear American Pharo-uh or Belmont Stanks again I'm gonna blow my brains out). Eisen and Patrick try to be clever and witty whereas Colin is actually clever and witty. I don't listen to Rome much but after the praise he gets for being a good interviewer I will be giving him more of a shot. I guess I don't get the Cowherd hate.
Harbaugh is a total doosh who can coach a football team until he gets under evereverybody's skin. He MAY bring Michigan back, but kids and parents are looking for likeability these days (Bob Knight would never fly today). He isn't doing himself any favors by building on the reputation of dooshbaggery. I'm a 4.3 WR. You are? Is that Harbaugh's attempt at humor? If so, he and Palin should go on tour together.

Pretty sure kids at the level of Michigan recruiting are looking for who can get them to the next level. I highly doubt they're going to not opt for Harbaugh because he treated a sophomoric, brown-nosing radio sports guy badly.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Cowherd is an *****-puckering tool. Total kiss up. He gets Harbaugh on the line and all of a sudden he's a fan of the B1G. Shocker.
He actually mentioned it a few days ago, I think it was during yesterday's show actually. He was talking about how he's buying the Big 10 and selling the Big 12 in the future. He seems to think the Big 12 could still implode in a few years.