Morrissey and Netten named Big 12 Defensive and Special Teams Player of the Week

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Big accomplishment for Morrissey, especially going up against a 1st round draft pick.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Yeah, *******!!! Congrats on two great performances!

Last edited by a moderator:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well deserved by both. Morrissey impressed the hell out of me, I didn't expect him to have that kind of success against Sherff.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
The "practice kick" doesn't count as Netten heard the time out before he kicked, which threw off his stroke. Even then, the replay showed it was too close to clearly show he had missed it.

Official signaled no good on the practice kick. My point was that Netten got it there and it was incredibly close. Last year beyond 40 he wasn't even at 50% and I remember lots of those being wide right or left. This year they have been right on target. Which is great to see.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Official signaled no good on the practice kick. My point was that Netten got it there and it was incredibly close. Last year beyond 40 he wasn't even at 50% and I remember lots of those being wide right or left. This year they have been right on target. Which is great to see.
thanks to gopro camera on his helmet, really changed his approach and plant.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'll admit, I haven't seen a lot of Scherf at Iowa but saw him play in high school a few times and have always thought he was soft. Still feel that way after Saturday, maybe it was the injury or whatever but I didn't see anything resembling a first round pick other than his size. I don't think Morrisey would tell you it was the toughest lineman he's played against either.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'll admit, I haven't seen a lot of Scherf at Iowa but saw him play in high school a few times and have always thought he was soft. Still feel that way after Saturday, maybe it was the injury or whatever but I didn't see anything resembling a first round pick other than his size. I don't think Morrisey would tell you it was the toughest lineman he's played against either.

Meh, I saw Dan Hoch play too and wasn't impressed at the time. Scherff is a stud (as was Hoch) but for the average fan it's hard to tell sometimes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron