More appreciative of Jack Trice after the LB

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
that's the home of our baseball stadium, FedExPark
image_handler.aspx

Cr1GWKtVIAQUJdd.jpg

Our football practice fields and the currently under construction indoor practice facility shown in this rendering:
1408062484.jpeg

The north side of the Park Ave campus is home to the new 65 million dollar Nursing School
CUGrY1tWUAE11PQ.png

The UofM plans to use that land for expansion.
Solid. Looks like a new baseball stadium. The City owns AutoZone Park, right? Was there any push for being a tenant in one of the better minor league stadiums? If you’re that in need of land for expansion of the campus I guess you’re also for the LB and it’s great potential.

Had Memphis hired a Jurich 20 years ago I’m guessing it’s you in a P5 now rather than Louisville.

Last edited:
Reactions: UofMemphis

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
Memphis baseball rarely brings more than 900-1000 to their games so FedExPark works great (it holds 1300 chair-back seats)

if we play Ole Miss or Miss State we play at AutoZone Park downtown.

this is from the Memphis vs Miss State game a couple seasons back:
maxresdefault.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The bathroom situations were just unacceptable. In the lots, in the pre game buffet, at the stadium.

We tailgated in Tiger Lane near the Pre-Game Buffet building. The Memphis fans near us said that usually there are 15 porta potties where there were only 5 for this game. There was a single file line of 20 to 30 all morning.

Pro tip from a local about bathrooms in the stadium:

Don't use the upper concourse. During half-time, t was packed as tight as Beale Street during the parade. A local told me to go down two levels. So I went back into the seating area, walked all the way down the aisle to the exit for the lower concourse. There, I was able to walk through the concourse and had only 10 to 15 people in line for the men's room.

• Useful
Reactions: aauummm

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN

The line for the only portable toilets in the entire GA lot around 9 AM.

Bathroom accommodations are my only complaint about an otherwise great trip to Memphis.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Bathroom accommodations are my only complaint about an otherwise great trip to Memphis.

And I was complaining about a line of 20 people for 5 porta-potties. What was it like at 10am?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
THis was about 10 minutes to kick-off. I hopped in that line at 11:00 with a full bladder because I figured it would be quicker peeing in the stadium than waiting in on of the quarter mile long lines to the porta-johns. I was wrong. Missed the Butler TD. At least the pisser was warm.

DSVwz_3VQAESauQ.jpg:large

• Useful
Reactions: aauummm

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
View attachment 52723 View attachment 52722 When comparing Jack Trice Stadium we Cyclones must remember that JTS was getting very shoddy itself, having been built in the late 70's on a very short budget and piece-mealed together over the years and with deferred maintenance. It's only been the last five years or so that all of our concessions and bathrooms were replaced and bunches (and I do mean bunches) of other improvements were made. Talk about leaky concrete and rusty steel, we had it! Now with all of the improvements we are a bit spoiled (Thanks Jamie!) and more is to come.

Many of the complaints made here about the Liberty Bowl could have just as well been said about JTS of 5-10 years ago. I'm sure that the Liberty Bowl has plans for more improvements, we're just a bit ahead of them time wise.

Fine, but we never held bowl games at JT. The stadium sucks as a destination stadium for a bowl game. It can't handle the number of people it had. Getting to bathrooms was horrible and walking around was very crowded and difficult to manuever. Overall the stadium felt dumpy and old.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
Would love a home-and-home basketball series with Memphis.

I hope you guys can keep your basketball strong; the present has to be a little concerning to you. From a bball standpoint, would love to have you in our conference. Both fanbases seem to value bball tremendously. I know it doesn't make sense right now for the Big 12 to add teams that only dilute revenue, but if the circumstances were right, I would love to see Memphis join the conference.
And yet, when I expressed that opinion on a thread, I got killed for it. lol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I suppose the amount of times they will have that many people are extremely rare and just figure 35k crowds. Can't fix up for a once every 10 year at best event. Although, if they are wanting to switch conferences, would need to have that stuff done.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
LOVED Memphis.

Liberty Bowl is on pace to be with the Mid-South Coliseum. A once nice place that was not taken care of and needs Jerry Lawler to protect it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

That is brutal. Can’t imagine that with kids or preggo woman. In 2012, I think we got gas close to the LB and made the kids all go right before we parked, then went in stadium as soon as you could go in. Still that was easier with half the crowd.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Bathrooms for tailgating were my main issue. The scoreboard/ PA system weren't great but didn't have a huge effect on my experience.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
That is brutal. Can’t imagine that with kids or preggo woman. In 2012, I think we got gas close to the LB and made the kids all go right before we parked, then went in stadium as soon as you could go in. Still that was easier with half the crowd.

I did the same. We pulled off about 20 minutes from town and hit the head. Good call on our part. Probably due to where we were sitting, I never had a line for the restroom inside the stadium. Wife didn't either. We were lower concourse in section 130.

Food lines were another story. And when I went to get my piggy nachos, they were outta beer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron