Monte Morris may declare for Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Re: Monte Morris to Declare for Draft

You guys dont think he is going to declare for the draft? Ill bet you my life he does.

Overall his last 10+ games have been pretty terrible compared to what he is capable of. No way he leaves this year. If we made a run in the tournament than maybe but no.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

mods please delete for false information

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 15h15 hours ago
Monte Morris just hasn’t looked like himself. Shoulder hasn’t been 100 percent. Told he will likely return to school next season.

It's pretty ironic the guy who thinks we'll suck next year is trying to solidify the story that we may have one of, if not the, best backcourt in the nation nation next season.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
taking the loss fine, 11:00AM on a saturday is not early thank you.

It's a little early in the day to be posting dumb stuff. He may skip his senior year, but he hasn't said it yet, so kind of silly to talk like it's factual. He probably hasn't even made his choice, yet you have.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I would like to announce to my CF brethren that I too will be testing the waters and am declaring for the draft.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

well Pete Jok declared so I think were safe to say that Monte will. Why wouldnt he, nothing to lose.

I think only the idiot fans think he won't declare. But declaring doesn't mean he'll leave.

Personally, I think it is probably 75-25, that he's gone. But none of us have any ******* idea. He'll be healthy for the combine, so I wouldn't act like his last 8 games will have much affect on whether they think he should leave or not. The NBA scouts will know that he was hurt.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
giphy.gif

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015

Well if you are willing to bet your life on it you should start making funeral arrangements.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
This thread reminds me of another I read in regards to Monte's plan with the draft and combine. I don't remember if it was on CF or on one of the Hok sites, but it quoted McKay saying something to the effect that he wasn't ready to quit playing ball with Georges, and neither was Nader or Monte. The poster took that as a hint that Monte would be leaving ISU......when if you think for one second about it.......whether Monte is at ISU next year or not, he was still not going to be playing with George any more. People read too much into things.

There is no reason for Monte not to test the waters and receive an evaluation. Even if he is not picked for high in the draft this year, and chooses not to go, he still may learn what he needs to work on from an NBA scout or coach which could help to improve his game. Personally, I think he will be back next year because I don't think he was that high on the draft boards before the tourney, he didn't show all that much in the tourney against what little strong competition ISU had (UVA) and I think the injury will concern some teams. Plus, there are a lot of really good PG's this year, and most will get drafted ahead of Monte. Now, we don't know for sure what his family's financial situation is, but that could be motivation to go play in Europe or overseas somewhere else.

Time will tell.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
just given past interviews, he desperately wants his mom out of flint. Same reason marcus left us. Well other than him being a top 5 pick. But still.

I think you are probably overstating the mom thing a bit. He mentioned in a previous interview (not the SI one yesterday) that his mom was in pretty good shape with the water thing. And his mom has a good job. Monte doesn't have kids or other responsibilities. t'm sure he wants to help his mom, but I don't think it is a desperate situation. If he thinks another year in college would be beneficial, I think his mom would be fine.

I think he could leave because I think he might be good enough to leave. Not because his family is in a desperate situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron