MONDAY MUSINGS: Best-case scenario for hoops recruiting

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So does this mean the staff is done pursuing HS prospects? I was kind of hopeful that Yetna would be a late addition to the roster. He seemed like a nice project player that could have learned a lot with a RS season.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So does this mean the staff is done pursuing HS prospects? I was kind of hopeful that Yetna would be a late addition to the roster. He seemed like a nice project player that could have learned a lot with a RS season.
I don't think that is a for sure, but they seem to be favoring a more immediate or proven piece rather than taking a chance on a project. I don't think prep players are out of consideration, but have other priorities first.

• Informative
Reactions: rbrook

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I think at this point if they are going to use a RS they may as well use it on a proven traditional transfer like Shayok and or Morrow (ISU may be linked to more soon) that has produced at a P5 level rather than a prep who has potential but could take a while to develop if at all.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I would rather have Morrow as he has proved himself at a D1 school already. Much higher chance of making an impact on the program.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
If we get Edwards, do we still take Brown? Or vise versa

Jaustin
Edwards
Brown
Sit out

Short term I think this could be best case, take pressure off the freshman to perform. Still gives us 2 schollie for next year with Race and Moss

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron