Monday in the office if you work with Fawkheads

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Last week, all we heard about was Caitlin Clark and how the Iowa women were going to roll on through. I can agree she's talented, but little to no air time is ever given to ISU's ladies. And I might be completely biased, but give me Emily Ryan any day over CC. Will be interesting to see if the ISU women are discussed at all this week.
Clark was going to lead them past South Carolina. It was like a forgone conclusion that it would happen. We have the best two combo guards in the country period. People might not want to hear that but those are the facts of the case and they are undisputed.

Reactions: NWICY and MJ29

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Last week, all we heard about was Caitlin Clark and how the Iowa women were going to roll on through. I can agree she's talented, but little to no air time is ever given to ISU's ladies. And I might be completely biased, but give me Emily Ryan any day over CC. Will be interesting to see if the ISU women are discussed at all this week.
Look... I love Emily Ryan. And ISU ladies have maybe taken a back seat due to Iowa women's big run thru conf. tournament. BUT....I refuse to choose. Different type players. And CC can flat out flick her wrist and get off a shot from anywhere. We can still love Emily and respect CC, too. (Note: I don't think the Texas freshmen pt. guard could have used the same philosophy on defense vs. Clark that she did against us in the big12 tournament.) Again, different type players even tho both point guards. Did I mention I love Emily Ryan?

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Look... I love Emily Ryan. And ISU ladies have maybe taken a back seat due to Iowa women's big run thru conf. tournament. BUT....I refuse to choose. Different type players. And CC can flat out flick her wrist and get off a shot from anywhere. We can still love Emily and respect CC, too. (Note: I don't think the Texas freshmen pt. guard could have used the same philosophy on defense vs. Clark that she did against us in the big12 tournament.) Again, different type players even tho both point guards. Did I mention I love Emily Ryan?

I don't think ISU ladies have gotten HALF the airtime as the Iowa ladies the entire season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Caitlin is good. Caitlin is overrated.

Local media has blown too much smoke up everybody's ass about her.

Both statements can be truth.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't think ISU ladies have gotten HALF the airtime as the Iowa ladies the entire season.
Not disagreeing with you, but a first team all-american putting up her numbers will get a team airtime. Also has an NCAA record only compared w/ Trae Young. So there's that.
Let's hope we get to enjoy lady Cyclone airtime going forward!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can report both ToE fans I work with were actually somewhat reasonable this morning outside of a "you have to be completely shocked" comment which seems fair because I am.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I’m not on HawkeyeReport but some ding-dong had a sour grapes post about how ISU/Otz are not legit because we haven’t beaten “legit tournament teams”… we only beat LSU and Wisconsin and oh by the way, Miami won’t count either.

Let’s not forget we beat TTech, Texas, Memphis, IOWA, Creighton, TCU.

Can’t fix stupid.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Caitlin had the chicken wing defense going yesterday. Arm must be really tired today.

i-got-a-5a8da5.jpg

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I’m not on HawkeyeReport but some ding-dong had a sour grapes post about how ISU/Otz are not legit because we haven’t beaten “legit tournament teams”… we only beat LSU and Wisconsin and oh by the way, Miami won’t count either.

Let’s not forget we beat TTech, Texas, Memphis, IOWA, Creighton, TCU.

Can’t fix stupid.
Well Iowa sure as **** didn't beat any teams in the tournament.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
"Of course you wear your Iowa State hat in to the office today"

Heard that right as I walk in from a Hawk fan. Everyone was decked out in Iowa gear all of last week, haven't seen a single thread of it today.

I should have asked him how their tournament games went.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
The casual fan likes points, Caitlan gets lots of points from deep. I agree the ISU women are underappreciated this yr.

Someone pointed out to Murph And Andy one day that they don't talk a lot about the ISU women and Andy said, "I think Bill Fennelly prefers it that way ... to fly under the radar." My eyes rolled so far back in my head.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Todd Brommelkamp show with Alex Kuhn in Eastern Iowa are going to be so sad tomorrow. Lol

I stopped listening to them years ago. What really got me to stop listening was the pretending to be balanced and not hating on ISU, but then all the passive aggressive little digs about ISU.

Brommelkamp has absolutely maxed out his career based on talent level. The previous host or two (Balbenot?) has moved on/up to better things, but here he sits going nowhere.

Kuhn is OK, but has nothing original to say. It's all just words. "That's right, Joe"

I do love that 107.5 has gone to alternative, it's fantastic and #1 station in the car.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Jamie Pollard is in his office this morning, smiling, waiting for the call. He just knows the DSM and CR media will want to do an update on the history of the 'It's a Cyclone State' billboard.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: 06_CY and NWICY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Clark is obviously great but she's more Damian Lillard than Steph Curry.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Someone pointed out to Murph And Andy one day that they don't talk a lot about the ISU women and Andy said, "I think Bill Fennelly prefers it that way ... to fly under the radar." My eyes rolled so far back in my head.

That's hilarious Bill and Deb have spent tons have time building support for WBB and ISU. Bill's got his faults but his passion for ISU and the sport is off the charts.