Monday in the office if you work with Fawkheads

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Oh how fun talk radio is going to be. Both iowa basketball teams were to still be playing. They are both done and ladies are on their way to joining the mbb in the sweet sixteen.

Reactions: MJ29

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Oh how fun talk radio is going to be. Both iowa basketball teams were to still be playing. They are both done and ladies are on their way to joining the mbb in the sweet sixteen.

I predict certain local sports radio will be spring football heavy this week.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Todd Brommelkamp show with Alex Kuhn in Eastern Iowa are going to be so sad tomorrow. Lol

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Morning Rush started out with Cyclones for once! no lengthy Iowa recap. Guess they took care of that on Friday.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Will any of these local radio shows just admit the obvious?

For about the past 5 years the Big 12 has just been a much much better basketball conference then the big ten.

The other truth being that over the past 22 years Iowa State is just a drastically more successful college basketball program than Iowa, I mean it’s not even close.

The local basketball coverage is as dumb as if they covered football thinking ISU had achieved more over the past 25 years. I mean we are solid now with Campbell but KF has the dominant program during his run.

During Fran’s 12 years ISU has achieved about 4x as much and these local shows (outside of Chris’s show) cover it as if it were the opposite.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not many Hawks but I'm surrounded by Bucky fans. Most are 'fans' that don't know the first thing about the team but there's a few that are super smug and think the BTN is basically national pundits, and will definitely have their passive excuses built in.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not many Hawks but I'm surrounded by Bucky fans. Most are 'fans' that don't know the first thing about the team but there's a few that are super smug and think the BTN is basically national pundits, and will definitely have their passive excuses built in.
Say, Brad Davison says hello and then nut them and see if they understand.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Working in Eastern Iowa has never been more glorious today. People see me walking by and they just look down and mutter stuff under their breath.

Well come to think of it, they do that anyway. Maybe it's because I'm an a-hole. Who knows. Go State!

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Last week, all we heard about was Caitlin Clark and how the Iowa women were going to roll on through. I can agree she's talented, but little to no air time is ever given to ISU's ladies. And I might be completely biased, but give me Emily Ryan any day over CC. Will be interesting to see if the ISU women are discussed at all this week.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Will any of these local radio shows just admit the obvious?

For about the past 5 years the Big 12 has just been a much much better basketball conference then the big ten.

The other truth being that over the past 22 years Iowa State is just a drastically more successful college basketball program than Iowa, I mean it’s not even close.

The local basketball coverage is as dumb as if they covered football thinking ISU had achieved more over the past 25 years. I mean we are solid now with Campbell but KF has the dominant program during his run.

During Fran’s 12 years ISU has achieved about 4x as much and these local shows (outside of Chris’s show) cover it as if it were the opposite.

Not even comparing to Iowa, its still a pretty solid program nationally. 8/10 NCAA tournaments. Been to the Sweet 16 3 of the last 7 tournaments, we didn't qualify for 2 of those, so 3 of the last 5 appearances ISU has made the Sweet 16. Also have won 4 conference tournaments in that time. Imagine the coverage if Iowa had done that.