Minutes of your life you’ll want back

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The part of my brain multi-tasking right now looking at tv waiting for a Francon 5 meltdown is probaby wasted time.
Correct that, it is wasted time. but Francon's are fun.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
OK...I'll play it straight. I wish all those hours and days and weeks and months studying engineering at Iowa State had been spent doing something more profitable. Like playing guitar or composing rap lyrics.

I DO think the world is waiting for the first ground-breaking rap guitarist... Really an unfilled niche.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts said in passing “those will be the minutes of your life you’ll wish you had back in the end” in response to some regular thing someone did (I think it was in reference to the amount of time people in fandoms spend ******** about the thing they claim to love) and it got me thinking more broadly, what is something you do daily or very regularly that you’re going to wish you had those minutes back at the end of your life?

Other than posting on CF. That’s the low hanging fruit that we all know we’ll regret.
I would kill to have all the time back spent on being popular. I wasted so much time pretending to be a certain way solely to keep up an appearance of being cool.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Someone doesn’t have kids. That’s the alone time I cherish.
200.gif

Reactions: AgronAlum

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I know this is rather 'bleeding heart', but those who follow time lines know that one change could impact where you are today. It took 45 years of bachelorhood before I found my wife. I can only imagine how anyone of a million things would have prevented that. So, I'm staying pat.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I’m comfortable with where my time went, although, I regret some choices I’ve made. They haven’t been bad choices. Just incredibly average. College after high school, corporate job after college, etc.

Now, and this might shock you, I have an incredibly average life. A life that most in this world would kill for, but I wish I would have tried some things, even if I failed, before signing up for a corporate job, kids, and responsibility.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron