Minutes of your life you’ll want back

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts said in passing “those will be the minutes of your life you’ll wish you had back in the end” in response to some regular thing someone did (I think it was in reference to the amount of time people in fandoms spend ******** about the thing they claim to love) and it got me thinking more broadly, what is something you do daily or very regularly that you’re going to wish you had those minutes back at the end of your life?

Other than posting on CF. That’s the low hanging fruit that we all know we’ll regret.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I think everybody in DC is in Iowa knocking on my door now except you. For the record, really annoying to have a 20 year old from Seattle tell me how important my vote is.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts said in passing “those will be the minutes of your life you’ll wish you had back in the end” in response to some regular thing someone did (I think it was in reference to the amount of time people in fandoms spend ******** about the thing they claim to love) and it got me thinking more broadly, what is something you do daily or very regularly that you’re going to wish you had those minutes back at the end of your life?

Other than posting on CF. That’s the low hanging fruit that we all know we’ll regret.

You know how many minutes of my life I have watched float away by watching all these damn home remodel shows? Upside is, I think I could remodel and flip my house no problem.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My job fits in this category. Generally great job...wondering if it's that rewarding.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
OK...I'll play it straight. I wish all those hours and days and weeks and months studying engineering at Iowa State had been spent doing something more profitable. Like playing guitar or composing rap lyrics.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You know how many minutes of my life I have watched float away by watching all these damn home remodel shows? Upside is, I think I could remodel and flip my house no problem.

Same with me except with Naked and Afraid. Sometimes when I'm tired...I wonder if it's because I just need a little protein.

But it's probably because I was up too late watching shows like Naked and Afraid.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I feel like the easy out is saying like, video games that you played or tv shows that you watched, but at the same time, did they bring you joy when you did it? If they did, was that REALLY a waste of time?

Reactions: cyclones500

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I feel like the easy out is saying like, video games that you played or tv shows that you watched, but at the same time, did they bring you joy when you did it? If they did, was that REALLY a waste of time?

like those cigarettes i sucked in......I really enjoyed them at the time.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Cell phone time wasters, twitter, reddit, facebook, etc.

There's good stuff there but you have to wade through a lot of garbage.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Depends on the opportunity cost. If you're lie one of my roommates that failed out of school because all he did was play WoW? Yeah, that was a waste of time.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
OK...I'll play it straight. I wish all those hours and days and weeks and months studying engineering at Iowa State had been spent doing something more profitable. Like playing guitar or composing rap lyrics.
Bro, I can rip the guitar. Still didn't make **** while playing in a band.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I spent 4 hours at a city council meeting the other day to have them... table the issue for another day.

First guy to get up to comment was a disheveled bearded man with a T shirt with a message spelled out in electrical tape wearing a dress that appeared to be a curtain. And I thought “Yep, that pretty much nails it.”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron