Michigan Game/ Vaughn welcoming committee

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Ejim
Seriously
Pwns
N00bs

Tame and lame enough to not offend people, uses the ESPN thing for them to put it on tv. Being witty and hilarious usually isn't going to get you on ESPN, and you're guaranteed to if you use ESPN in there. If your goal is to get on tv, that's the way to go.

Personally, I'm a fan of clever ones that don't really make sense but sound hilarious (like the original Jorts one on College Gameday) but those aren't likely to get airtime when the cameras can pick and choose what they want.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just a note for the students on here. I read an interview with Vaughn after he visited during the Baylor game last year and the signs that the student section had made an impression with him. The interview was with a Minnesota press person and he was asked why Minnesota didn't do stuff like that when he went to games. So he'll notice anything that you guys do.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Just a note for the students on here. I read an interview with Vaughn after he visited during the Baylor game last year and the signs that the student section had made an impression with him. The interview was with a Minnesota press person and he was asked why Minnesota didn't do stuff like that when he went to games. So he'll notice anything that you guys do.
and then baylors asshat coach whined about our signs

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
How about a sign that just says "Hey Scott, we made more signs!"
or having a giant Vaughn high-fiving the giant Niang

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I think it is more impressive when you have a mass amount of the same thing. So I think everybody in the student section should have the giant vaughn signs and everybody hold them up at the same time. Chanting Final Four or something to that effect. Once that is boring(although impressive), switch to all the custom individual signs.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Most important thing: Take a picture with your sign and tweet it at Vaugn or something in case someone takes it.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Making 30+ signs for the game, and handing them out to people in the student section.
I'm awesome, I know.
Any suggestions!?

I'd go with "All We Know Is Eat"

Also, it's more important that the students on the band side have them so Vaughn can actually read them as he will be with the recruits in the front of the opposite section by the ISU bench. So really your focus should be on the section of students right by the visitors bench.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
How about a sign that just says "Hey Scott, we made more signs!"
or having a giant Vaughn high-fiving the giant Niang
This actually needs to happen. Someone pay someone to get it done. I don't know who you pay or ask, just do it.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Everyone shoud go to vaughns twitter and his ask.fm account thing. Shoot him some questions about his upcoming visit! Get it done CF!

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Go with a "All we know is eat" sign, he loves that motto and would appreciate it. Maybe do a "All we know is eat" and incorporate the I-State logo into it somehow.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We also need to have some signs welcoming McKay. He is a big deal. Signs about McKay show Vaughn that we also care about you after you commit.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Signs are only part of it.

The Student Section needs to have a "Rashad / Vaughn" chant to the "Cyclone / Power" cadence.

And a "McKay / Vaughn" chant.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron