Michigan arena announcer is obnoxious

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
It seems they are trying to sound like they do at NBA games. Now they just need to add music over the PA while the game is going on, and it will truly be a **** show.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dude is obnoxious. Never noticed that before and feel like I've seen Michigan a bit lately.

Dakich is this.

• Agree
Reactions: cyowan

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I remember back in the late 80's one of the Big 8 coaches complained about ours

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Dude is obnoxious. Never noticed that before and feel like I've seen Michigan a bit lately.

Dakich is this.

Watch it!

Bill_Brasky.jpg

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I hardly even notice ours during games now. :confused:

His voice was kinda shot last game- must have been sick like everyone else.

I will say, I get a little tired of the "we got em we got em we got em". Once in a great while in a huge upset sure . But when we are ranked, and KU is like 10th or whatever, no need to act like it's a miracle win or anything. Maybe it's just me...

I do really like the guy overall. "Thaaaat foul on ..."

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I will say, I get a little tired of the "we got em we got em we got em". Once in a great while in a huge upset sure . But when we are ranked, and KU is like 10th or whatever, no need to act like it's a miracle win or anything. Maybe it's just me...

Good point. I do like his occasional mocking sarcasm about a bad call by the refs.

• Agree

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Mentioned this on Twitter and the Busted Coverage guy responded and said it is an ESPN issue--need to turn down the mic on the feed, great in arena. Makes sense.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Who was the color commentator for that game last night? Every comment was just a put down of the coach or a ref or a player followed by how it should have been done according to him. I'd rather listen to Dicky spew gibberish the whole game or Walton reveal over the course of 2 hours how high he actually is, than listen to that guy again

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

I kinda like the "we got em". Nice personal touch. Kind of a "thanks for coming but we booted your ass out of Hilton with a loss like we came here to do."
Who was the color commentator for that game last night? Every comment was just a put down of the coach or a ref or a player followed by how it should have been done according to him. I'd rather listen to Dicky spew gibberish the whole game or Walton reveal over the course of 2 hours how high he actually is, than listen to that guy again
I didn't watch the game. But I'll put a $100 down right now that it was Dakich.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Dan Dakich

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Dakich. The problem with Dakich is half the time he's fantastic and the other half he's unbearable to listen to. It's very frustrating to listen to someone who could be good if not for their desire to become the show.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

globogym6

Jan 12, 2019

The “we got em” just takes away from the moment I think. Let it breathe a little and let the fans make the atmosphere. For a while it seemed like he was dropping this line every time we beat KU/OU/WVU.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dakich. The problem with Dakich is half the time he's fantastic and the other half he's unbearable to listen to. It's very frustrating to listen to someone who could be good if not for their desire to become the show.

Also there seems to always be some reference to his Indiana teams and Steve Alford and lots of glory days stuff.

I'm one who likes Walton so obvious hypocrisy but it's at least entertaining.

• Disagree
Reactions: surly