NBA: Micheal vs Lebron

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Jordan has the same thing in him that makes MMA fighters the best at what they do. There is a plethora of word choices to describe that thing, but I personally prefer "unadulterated insanity." Lebron doesn't have that.

Give me Jordan.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

Going to be interesting to see what Giannis can become, raw ability shows the sky is the limit. I think he needs to get off the Bucks first sadly.

After years of not caring about the NBA my son has got me roped back into it the last couple of years and there is a ton of fun young talent currently. Guys like Giannis and Simmons could end up being all time players if they keep progressing.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I like Jordan. I think the Bron and Bird comparison is a better one. Bron has way more athletic ability but the numbers between the two are very similar.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Going to be interesting to see what Giannis can become, raw ability shows the sky is the limit. I think he needs to get off the Bucks first sadly.

After years of not caring about the NBA my son has got me roped back into it the last couple of years and there is a ton of fun young talent currently. Guys like Giannis and Simmons could end up being all time players if they keep progressing.

Don't sleep on Anthony Davis. He kind of fell by the wayside the last couple years but he's been absolutely awesome since Boogie Cousins got injured.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I agree, Bill Russell is the GOAT

Jordan for me. The game revolved around him and in one way or another and some absolute no name players were very good along with him.
Is this a joke? Lebron made it to the NBA Finals with Zydrunas Illgauskas as the second best player.
The year after Lebron left, the cavs went 19-63. The year after Jordan left the bulls they went 55-27.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Give me MJ all day. Something about Lebron continues to bug me. He's like the craft beer guy, or the baseball sabermetrics guy to me. Like we are incapable of comprehending his brilliance because we don't understand basketball on his level.

That's all fine and dandy that he's all about getting everyone involved and all that. But Jordan was out there to embarrass you. Give me that all day over Lebron.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would argue that Larry Bird had the best 3 year run of any player ever, but his injuries keep him out of the GOAT discussion.

1) Jordan
2)
a. Lebron
b. Kobe
3) about 10 guys
4) about 30 guys

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
LeBron is going to finish 4th in all time assists, if health holds maybe all-time leading scorer.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Don't sleep on Anthony Davis. He kind of fell by the wayside the last couple years but he's been absolutely awesome since Boogie Cousins got injured.

Absolutely. What he has been doing is amazing.

It's fun to think of the future of the league when there are so many young guys spread out on mid level teams currently. What could Philly become with one more addition, what could the Wolves be with a little more time and one other pick up, etc. Rightfully so the league is so focused on Lebron vs Steph/KD the last couple of years. My opinion is we are going to see some great rivalries to come as these new young stars find their fit on contending teams.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I agree, Bill Russell is the GOAT

Is this a joke? Lebron made it to the NBA Finals with Zydrunas Illgauskas as the second best player.
The year after Lebron left, the cavs went 19-63. The year after Jordan left the bulls they went 55-27.

The Cavs 2007 final run may be the single greatest achievement of Lebron's career. Sure they got swept but they got there with Lebron and a bunch of bench players.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I think Kobe is better than any of those guys. It's certainly debatable. Ill take Dirk over Larry Bird. I'll take Karl Malone over Bird. I love Larry just not as much as some.

Kobe's inability to make players around him better will always be why I can not put him in the top 5. Larry was a true team player while Kobe played for Kobe.

• Agree
Reactions: discydisc