NBA: Micheal vs Lebron

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
LeBron. And most of you picking Jordan are just living off your nostalgia. Commence angry reactions.

Lebron is an absolute physical freak but jordan was a cold blooded assassin. He would have brought lebron to tears mentally.
Anyone who would rather have lebron over MJ or kobe is laughable. I have seen lebron james fold so many times during games it's ridiculous. Hell he did it just last night. Late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game his team trailed in he saw a teammate turnover the ball right in front of him and just stood there while his team ran back and played 4 on 5 on the other end and indiana scored. He turns into a mental midget way too easily to be considered the GOAT.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Lebron is an absolute physical freak but jordan was a cold blooded assassin. He would have brought lebron to tears mentally.
Anyone who would rather have lebron over MJ or kobe is laughable. I have seen lebron james fold so many times during games it's ridiculous. Hell he did it just last night. Late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game his team trailed in he saw a teammate turnover the ball right in front of him and just stood there while his team ran back and played 4 on 5 on the other end and indiana scored. He turns into a mental midget way too easily to be considered the GOAT.
Lebron single handedly kept the Cavs in it with insanely clutch threes in the last couple minutes last night. Shut the hell up

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Say what you want, not running back on defense was absolutely embarrassing. I agree he is a great player. Im not debating that. He isn't the GOAT though. He has bigger fish to fry like saban stealing his barber shop show.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lebron single handedly kept the Cavs in it with insanely clutch threes in the last couple minutes last night. Shut the hell up

Did he really stand there and not play defense after a turnover though? I didn't watch but that's more insane than hitting shots.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I would argue that Larry Bird had the best 3 year run of any player ever, but his injuries keep him out of the GOAT discussion.

1) Jordan
2)
a. Lebron
b. Kobe
3) about 10 guys
4) about 30 guys

Your basketball knowledge is nearly as proficient as your parenting skills

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Are we talking Lebron before or after his days in the Miami sun that caused his jaw to grow?

Nah. He was just on his buddy wade’s workout regimen

Seriously, look at wade in college, then look at him today. He looks like quaigmire

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
38. I'll take the talent level of the NBA in the 2000s over the 80's and 90's anyday. I grew up watching Jordan.

Maybe so, there are more dominant athletes today, no question. but you obviously bought in to the media hype machine about Kobe. He never won without the most talent, and missed the playoffs twice in his physical prime. GOATs don’t do that. Tim was the player of that generation

Like the magic bird debate. Magic played on a team that was a surefire playoff team, and championship contender without him. Bird’s frings were with players like Rick Roby and Scott wedmann and jerry siechting playing prominent roles.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Maybe so, there are more dominant athletes today, no question. but you obviously bought in to the media hype machine about Kobe. He never won without the most talent, and missed the playoffs twice in his physical prime. GOATs don’t do that. Tim was the player of that generation

Like the magic bird debate. Magic played on a team that was a surefire playoff team, and championship contender without him. Bird’s frings were with players like Rick Roby and Scott wedmann and jerry siechting playing prominent roles.
Bird won with 2 other hall of famers on the front line. They also had guys like DJ, Cedric Maxwell, Danny Ainge,etc... Larry Bird plays for the Milwaukee Bucks and he has zero titles.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

LeBron has been a clutch player who will put his team on his back in the playoffs the past 3-4 years. Before that it was very inconsistent from year to year in terms of playoffs/finals performance and it was PAINFULLY obvious to anyone comparing him to MJ in those years who had actually seen MJ's entire career. The idea that MJ would play significantly worse in the playoffs or finals than his regular season averages is ridiculous. Even in the early years when Jordan was coming up short of the finals he was putting up INSANE numbers in the playoffs that were always greater than his regular season numbers.

MJ's playoffs scoring average is very possibly the most unbreakable record in all of American sports. Durant is an EPIC scorer who has lead the playoffs in scoring average 4 times...he'd need to average over 40 points a game in the playoffs the rest of his career to catch Mike. It's that unreachable.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Bird won with 2 other hall of famers on the front line. They also had guys like DJ, Cedric Maxwell, Danny Ainge,etc... Larry Bird plays for the Milwaukee Bucks and he has zero titles.

Oh you’re a laker fan.

You obviously don’t remember how good the bucks were in the 80’s with don Nelson and Sidney moncreif, etc. they’d have won as many as they did in Boston.

It’s amazing how good guys like ainge become in these defend magic debates tho.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that Kevin McHale, Danny Ainge, Robert Parrish, Bill Walton, etc. were all pretty good players around Bird. And I think Bird is one of the all time greats. Talk about bat**** crazy competitive and clutch.

• Winner
Reactions: deadeyededric

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Oh you’re a laker fan.

You obviously don’t remember how good the bucks were in the 80’s with don Nelson and Sidney moncreif, etc. they’d have won as many as they did in Boston.

It’s amazing how good guys like ainge become in these defend magic debates tho.
I'm not a Laker fan. I'm not a Kobe fan. I just give credit where I think its due. I think Tom Brady is the best QB of all-time also and don't like the Patriots. It was a personal choice and I take Kobe. If you like MJ that's cool.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Kobe? Get the **** outta here

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Did I miss something? I was under the impression that Kevin McHale, Danny Ainge, Robert Parrish, Bill Walton, etc. were all pretty good players around Bird. And I think Bird is one of the all time greats. Talk about bat**** crazy competitive and clutch.

People forget the roster he won his first ring with.

Second, Parrish was considered a bust with golden state. Red wanted mchale over joe barry carrol, so he made that trade. To get a project center and a guy that not everyone was convinced was athletic enough tony be an all star

Help Support Us

Become a patron