Michael Jacobson/Waukee - did we recruit this kid?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm not sure how good he is but his averages are nearly career totals of the bigs we took in his class. You guys wouldn't take him over Carter or Ernst?

His ORtg on kenpom is 85.2. That is epically bad, especially for a low usage 6'9" guy.

I should add that it was over 100 last year which is good.

Reactions: CyTwins

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
The state of Iowa currently has 4 native players on active NBA rosters (Barnes, Collison, Korver, McDermott). 4 of 450 on active rosters has to be far ahead based on population.

And it doesn't count Niang who is certainly an honorary Iowa native.

And this doesn't count those in D-leagues (Nader, Paige, Palo, Uthoff, Washpun, Woodbury) or those in the NBA with marginal connections to the state (Justin Hamilton, Wesley Johnson).

Not bad.

4 out of 450 is 0.88% and behind the following two measurements.
Iowa's population is 0.97% of the US population.
Iowa has 6 electoral votes out of 538 which is 1.11%

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
4 out of 450 is 0.88% and behind the following two measurements.
Iowa's population is 0.97% of the US population.
Iowa has 6 electoral votes out of 538 which is 1.11%

Yeah, but when you factor out all of the Europeans, then maybe we are ahead in terms of population ratio.

Seriously, I still think that 4 in the NBA from Iowa is pretty good. It isn't like we are a high school basketball hot bed, like Indiana or North Carolina, or have big cities where high school basketball holiday tournaments can be some of the biggest events in town.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Our team played against Seth Tuttle in high school and while he was very good, we never thought he has division 1 talent. He proved us wrong by being a second team all american.

I'm just saying you never know...
I second this. Even his freshman year at UNI he may have been the slowest moving human to live. He certainly showed the doubters (including me) wrong

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
10 and 9 from jacobson against Maryland in 20 minutes! my new favorite player - haha.

goclones98

Sep 9, 2016
I played against Jacobson in High School two years ago, while he was a big body and did what 6'9" guys do against bad teams, he looked slow and unskilled and nobody thought he'd be a D1 guy. I think his line was something like 8-8-2 (Blocks). Surprised to see he made D1, let alone produce at that level.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Nebraska is very happy to have Jacobson. He hustles and is their blue collar player. No one will ever call him a "pretty boy" to describe his effort on the court. He really contributed in the win against Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: swarthmoreCY

IowaState1173

Mar 14, 2017
If he really want's to, I don't think his family would have an issue paying tuition. Pretty well off, and sister is on scholarship for NDSU WBB.
Ya i actually know them. They are more than well off. His parents flew out to Nebraska for every game i believe. He would add a lot of work ethic to the team and push our starters for sure. Heck he could even improve and become a starter himself.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Ya i actually know them. They are more than well off. His parents flew out to Nebraska for every game i believe. He would add a lot of work ethic to the team and push our starters for sure. Heck he could even improve and become a starter himself.

Hey me too.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Flew to Lincoln from Waukee? Even Leath thinks that's excessive.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron