Mess

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
From football scoop:
Montana State: Per SI, Indiana quality control assistant Courtney Messingham will be the new offensive coordinator on Jeff Choate’s staff

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if this had anything to do with the Montana State QB transferring to Oregon?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Just goes to show that anybody can get a job if they try.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Good luck to him. He wasn't successful here but IIRC he was a pretty good OC at the levels below D1. Not everyone is meant to be a D1 FBS coach. He's been a solid position coach over the years as well.

Every team has quality control coaches, they just have various titles. ISU has used the QC label in the past.

Apr 19, 2006
In all fairness, Mess had his hands tied to some extent. He was never given the reigns to do what he wanted to do. He was forced to run Hermans offense and Rhoads was micro-managing him. He was really put in between a rock and a hard place and wasn't able to run HIS offense.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
At this point, because of the other samples, I dont blame Mangino, Messingham or Herman for any of our offensive issues under their watch. CPR lacked an identity on offense. It took him 6 1/2 to figure out what kind of offense he wanted to run and by that time it was too late.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
At this point, because of the other samples, I dont blame Mangino, Messingham or Herman for any of our offensive issues under their watch. CPR lacked an identity on offense. It took him 6 1/2 to figure out what kind of offense he wanted to run and by that time it was too late.
You can maybe pass the blame with Messingham and Herman, but Mangino was clearly given the reigns.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

It took him 6-1/2 years to have Mike Warren!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Re MESS...........Good Luck with that Offense..............Re Rhoads Micro............Rhoads Micro Managed everything and you see how that worked out in the last 91 seconds down in the lil apple............

Coach Campbell is a better football coach at 35 than Rhoads will be at 75..............

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014
Re MESS...........Good Luck with that Offense..............Re Rhoads Micro............Rhoads Micro Managed everything and you see how that worked out in the last 91 seconds down in the lil apple............

Coach Campbell is a better football coach at 35 than Rhoads will be at 75..............

But is he (Campbell) "Iowa Nice" and is he a "loyal son forever true"? Really all it boils down to for me is...is he "ALL IN"?