Men are worse drivers than women

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
you must not get around much then, the south is MUCH worse than the midwest, especially Louisiana.

Absolutely. A lot of it also is differences in driving styles. Some areas (notably the east coast and big cities) tend to drive more aggressively, while the midwest\rural areas tend to drive more casually. If you're used to one, you think the drivers doing the other are awful.

That said, the worst place i have ever driven was atlanta. Theyre aggressive east-coasters, but they have the driving abilities of southerners.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Absolutely. A lot of it also is differences in driving styles. Some areas (notably the east coast and big cities) tend to drive more aggressively, while the midwest\rural areas tend to drive more casually. If you're used to one, you think the drivers doing the other are awful.

That said, the worst place i have ever driven was atlanta. Theyre aggressive east-coasters, but they have the driving abilities of southerners.

Call me crazy, but I find ATL to be quite fun. :yes:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
have you been to california

Half of my family is from LA. I've been there at least once every year of my life and was taught to drive by my dad who's from LA (on another funny note, my mom taught me a little too and she's from NYC).

There are a lot of bad drivers there, but really the good drivers outweigh the bad ones. For every 500 good drivers, you will not notice them but you will notice one bad driver. If you've ever driven on the freeway system in and around LA you will know what I'm talking about. One ****** driver does a "what the ****?" maneuver and everyone else has to compensate because of it. Everytime I'm out there, it happens. Usually what's hilarious when I'm out there say on the Ventura Fwy is watching for any midwestern cars. They are SCARED. Hilarious.

If you aren't used to it though, you will think everyone is a bad driver. Incorrect. It's because one idiot did something and tons of people had to compensate because of it.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
you must not get around much then, the south is MUCH worse than the midwest, especially Louisiana.

Yeah, I could imagine that. I haven't been to the south in like six years and wasn't paying total attention.

I believe it's the rural attitude though. "I don't have anywhere to be so neither do you." Couple it with them not being around many people and it's a disaster if it ever happens.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
If its any indication where I stand on this... I was voted worst driver and most accident prone by my senior class of 328 people.

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Hey, just wait a year or so. I suspect TEXTING while driving will be the reason women take the lead.

This. Last Wednesday and Thursday nights a friend of my girlfriend got a warning for blowing a stop sign and then going 70 in a 55. That would have been 2 tickets for me right there.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
The reason that men are in more accidents is usually because they have a ragging wife/gf sitting next to them in the front seat and want to kill themselves to rid themselves of any more pain.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron