Matte helmets flushed

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Dumbest post in the history of CF. No excuses.

Hey, go easy on 00clone...he's been too busy pointing out other posters who he thinks are stupid. No time to pay attention to what helmets we wore (or to take 5 seconds to look up a photo before calling out RubyCyclone).

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
2007-Iowa-State-Throwback-Uniform-Design-179x318.jpg

#undefeatedhelmet

Best unis we have worn in 20 years. You could throw the current I-state look on there or the 80s tornado as well.

MSP

Aug 22, 2012
Best unis we have worn in 20 years. You could throw the current I-state look on there or the 80s tornado as well.

They should wear those pants for all home games next year...keep some white ones, but ditch the yellow. Don't really care for the helmet

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
There are people who couldn't see the difference between matte and glossy? That's just weird.

Reactions: roundball

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Hell no those are so ugly

You need to be banned. You're a terrible "fan" (if you even ARE a Cyclone fan, the jury's still out on that one) and not only do you pollute this board, you go out and make us look bad on other people's boards also.

Please just leave.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You will never please everyone with the uniforms. I just want something that doesn't look like ketchup and mustard. That is all. Oh or McDonalds...

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Why do I need to be banned? I am a cyclone fan? No not at all, I have only lived in Ames my whole life, and only been to every home FB game for 8 years, and watch every basketball game. I wear a iowa state shirt almost every day.
How do I "pollute" this board?
Are you a cyclone fan?

you out pollute it with your stupidity, and embarrass cyclone fans on other boards.... Did you ever go and fight the Ndsu fans like you said you wanted to on their message board?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Matte helmets were a stupid idea to begin with. Matte red is horrible. We better never see them again.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The matte looked OK to me, but why can they spend the $ to get that, but we can't have a gold alternate instead? Or even a white one to go w/ the road uniforms (since apparently we'll never see the cardinal pants on the road again *sigh*).

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The matte helmets looked terrible, IMO. But now that we've got these extra helmets laying around they should paint them white or gold and truly have two sets to rotate. I could get with head-to-toe white road unis, or rotating cardinal/gold shells.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Here’s all we need. Many will beg to differ, I’m sure.
* Current home basic
* Gold helmet with home basic
* White helmet for all-white road look (if cardinal-white-cardinal is off the table)
* Bruce-era road-uni for Iowa game, regardless of location (might as well)
* Trice throwback on special occasions, with some viable solution to having those ridiculous white numerals
* Can go all-gold once per season
* Occasional use of walking-Cy on the helmet, with the rest of the standard outfit.

That provides plenty of variety (to “excite recuits,â€￾ if nothing else) but also keeps the branding and is identifiable as “Iowa State.â€￾

And, as if I haven’t mentioned it before: helmet stripes to match the piping.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
For **cks sake, Ruby, they haven't worn the matte helmets yet, I think gomer is trying to mess with people and you fell for it.

Good thing you have more than 100 posts because that apparently makes you so much smarter and always correct.

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field

profilepic5745_1.gif.png

Change the helmet to match the pants and we have a winner. You know-Baylor, Notre Dame, Oregon and Florida State all use several shades of gold effectively in their branding. It actually increases sales and also provides more combos.