Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. ARK

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I think the best shot we have is to enlist the help of the Texas fans. Voting for a fellow conference team, and against Arkansas is something I think they would be up for. Has anyone with the ability to post on Rivals or Scout tried this?

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I voted yesterday, and everytime i went to vote after that the percentages would automatically pop up when I went to vote. I then went to my internet options and deleted all the cookies and stuff like that. I then went to vote again and I was able to put in a vote then see the percentages.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
This is just my guess, so don't let this stop anyone from trying to keep voting. But I think CBS has put an end to multiple voting from the same computer after last round. From what they said in the write up for the final matchup about cheating, how the voting slowed down at the end against MSU, and the low total votes this round, they had to have done something. Even in the early rounds before the TAB Enter method was being used, the voting was a lot higher than it is now.

Again, I may be wrong so I don't want anyone to think their votes aren't counting in case they actually are.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Which college mascot is more dominant?
52% Arkansas Razorbacks
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

48% Iowa State Cyclones
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

Total Votes: 15445

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Which college mascot is more dominant?
52% Arkansas Razorbacks
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

48% Iowa State Cyclones
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

Total Votes: 15833

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I think we're going to get hosed on this final. They let you play one way to the championship game, then switch up the rules.

Cystheman

May 3, 2007
im making a event on facebook and inviting all of cys friends (which is pretty close to 3000) so that should give quite the push. I have 500 so far

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think we're going to get hosed on this final. They let you play one way to the championship game, then switch up the rules.

Next year they should do what Citview (or was it Juice?) does in Des Moines with their bar wars online voting and make it so you can't vote without having an account. That limits 1 vote a person unless someone really wanted to waste their time filling out account applications for fake people just to vote.

I know last year they had the problem with people complaining about multiple voting so forcing you to have an account in order to vote made it much more fair.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I'm sure they've probably learned their lesson. But, they should have left it as it was for the finals. Ah well. I'll keep finding people to put in a vote.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I don't think they switched up the rules per say, just disabled the quirks that we found. I've been able to vote fine by clicking submit and waiting for the page to load.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I've tried voting. I just don't think I'm allowed. If my ISP has dynamic IP, how come I still can't vote. My IP changes occasionally. I should be able to vote again under the new IP, correct?