Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. ARK

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I hope to god that we don't do something embarrassing like hang a banner.
Yeah, I agree. Unless banner-hanging is an established precedent for the past winners of this competition (which I really doubt), that would be way over the top and would look pathetic instead of impressive. I'd rather have a big-enough-to-be-easily-spotted plaque mounted prominently somewhere in Hilton.

Cyano

Nov 16, 2006
Des Moines
Because I'm one of those in charge of the Facebook group we created to help support Cy for this mascot challenge the CBS guy, Roland, emailed me saying they are working on getting Cy on TV. Thats all he said no other specifics. It would be cool if CBS ran a commercial during primetime stating Cy's dominance. It also could have meant that when Cy gets presented his plaque that the local CBS station will be there to cover it. Who knows...just some ideas. But it sounds like part of the "Treat" will be Cy on TV...hopefully National TV!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Cy's Acceptance speach:

First, I would like to thank CBS sportsline for putting on such a great tournament. I would like to thank all the fans that voted for Cy. A special huge thanks to all the geeks on Cyclone Fanatic that voted like their life depended on it. Without them, I really don't think I win this competition.

I would like to thank Coastal Carolina for letting us get our act together. Wyoming for showing true grit, Michigan State for showing us how to cheat, and the Hogs for being fat, lazy, and slow. A special thank you for those Iowa hawkeye fans who always help ouit fellow Iowans.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Because I'm one of those in charge of the Facebook group we created to help support Cy for this mascot challenge the CBS guy, Roland, emailed me saying they are working on getting Cy on TV. Thats all he said no other specifics. It would be cool if CBS ran a commercial during primetime stating Cy's dominance. It also could have meant that when Cy gets presented his plaque that the local CBS station will be there to cover it. Who knows...just some ideas. But it sounds like part of the "Treat" will be Cy on TV...hopefully National TV!

Maybe with this win Cy will get a slot in next year's Capital One Mascot Challenge!

Did you know...back in the mid 80s Cy participated in the Chips Mascot Ski Challenge in Winter Park, CO. It was pretty tough to ski in the old Cy cage!

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines

I hope its aired up in Michigan every hour on the hour

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Maybe with this win Cy will get a slot in next year's Capital One Mascot Challenge!

Did you know...back in the mid 80s Cy participated in the Chips Mascot Ski Challenge in Winter Park, CO. It was pretty tough to ski in the old Cy cage!

That's already in the works... not for next year's but the following, a submission tape needs to be created... but JP and the crew are in full support of Cy trying out for the Capitol One Mascot Challenge, and Capitol One even called to see if Cy would be entering this year and strongly encouraged it.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
so whats this prize we get for all this late night fighting... Didnt fox say we would get a surprise?