Marvin Clark

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
We need more of the center type, I agree. But I still think Clark will be a real good player for someone. He actually played more at the very beginning and very end of the season for Izzo than in the middle. Surprised he is transferring, unless the incoming class at his position is so daunting that he sees no playing time for himself.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Clark didn't play much this year do to a foot injury. He will be a big get for whoever lands him.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
We need more of the center type, I agree. But I still think Clark will be a real good player for someone. He actually played more at the very beginning and very end of the season for Izzo than in the middle. Surprised he is transferring, unless the incoming class at his position is so daunting that he sees no playing time for himself.
MSU incoming class is killer. He wouldn't see a lot of playing time next year.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Matt A back in on Clark.

St. John's top transfer targets are Arizona guard Justin Simon and Michigan State forward Marvin Clark Jr., per sources. #sjubb

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Matt A back in on Clark.

St. John's top transfer targets are Arizona guard Justin Simon and Michigan State forward Marvin Clark Jr., per sources. #sjubb

LOL....he should have taken him the first time. Wonder if Clark will consider them strongly since he was pretty vocal and negative publicly about his recruitment here. Of course, anywhere to get major playing time can make one forgive and forget.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
St John's was SOOO bad last season. They have to be in on anyone, and I'm not sure what they're selling. They were Rutgers level bad, easily bottom 5 of major conferences Division 1 teams.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
LOL....he should have taken him the first time. Wonder if Clark will consider them strongly since he was pretty vocal and negative publicly about his recruitment here. Of course, anywhere to get major playing time can make one forgive and forget.

Clark or Matt A? Which one was negative about is?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Matt A = Elite Transfer Recruiter

@EvanDaniels Marvin Clark is headed to St. John's, a source told Scout. Transfer from Michigan State.

@NYPost_Brazille Marvin Clark Jr. picked St. John's over Oklahoma State, South Florida and Providence. Said #sjubb was "perfect fit."

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clark is far from elite but Matt A will also probably land Simon from Arizona who is elite

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
Matt A = Elite Transfer Recruiter

@EvanDaniels Marvin Clark is headed to St. John's, a source told Scout. Transfer from Michigan State.

@NYPost_Brazille Marvin Clark Jr. picked St. John's over Oklahoma State, South Florida and Providence. Said #sjubb was "perfect fit."
Clark is not an elite transfer. And St Johns will still suck

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

To be clear I don't feel Marvin Clark is elite as a player but one of the better transfers available. I do feel Matt A. has proven his worth at ISU and St. Johns on attracting transfers and JC players. Which could easily be evidenced again very soon as they are favorites for Simon.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'd much rather him go to St John's than Okie St.
Same with Livingston, I don't want him at West Virginia.