• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Hoggins

Sep 2, 2019
Well ****. That video is something

Just saw venom 2. It’s ok. Not sure what to make of the post credit scene as I really like Spider-Man in the MCU, especially after they set up Holland to replace RDJ

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Beware of spoilers for Spider-Man: No Way Home. Empire Magazine seems to indicate two additional cameos in the movie that I would say are rather spoilery. It's a long way until Dec 17, but if you want to be surprised you should try to avoid any articles involving the movie.

"According to the magazine, Rhys Ifans' Lizard (Dr. Curt Connors) from The Amazing Spider-Man, as well as Thomas Haden Church's Sandman (Flint Marko) from Spider-Man 3 will be joining the growing list of villains in No Way Home."

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Eternals not looking too good. Could be in competition for the worst mcu movie. Going to see it next Thursday with vastly lowered expectations.
That's too bad. I wasn't excited when it was announced but the trailers got me excited to see it.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Eternals not looking too good. Could be in competition for the worst mcu movie. Going to see it next Thursday with vastly lowered expectations.

I've heard mixed reviews. Some big Marvel nerds love it. Some are just ok with it.

It's very different from the Avengers era of Marvel movies so some people have had to readjust their expectations.

I've been told it is gorgeous but also pretty ambitious in scope.

The main actual criticism I've heard is that they didn't like jumping back and forth from flashback to present day. That it hurt the pacing.

I feel like I'm going to love it, and my wife who is less into Marvel will get bored with it or not be able to follow it.

In short, don't expect a perfect movie, because that's not what it is, but still a good movie.

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis
There are hints out there about some review bombing or whatever. Saw it in passing.
With a diverse cast and all, that wouldn't surprise me.

This seems unlikely as the bad reviews are coming from critics not fans. Sitting at 61% on rotten tomatoes and 55 on Metacritic among critics.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This seems unlikely as the bad reviews are coming from critics not fans. Sitting at 61% on rotten tomatoes and 55 on Metacritic among critics.

Some of the stories:

It'll definitely be review bombed in this country. It's all the things a certain segment just won't accept.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

It's gonna be a love it or hate it movie. Given the director and how she films and how she always has emotions at the forefront, I personally think it's gonna be my favorite MCU movie ever...which won't be hard because IMO all MCU movies are basically the same formula and I find most of them painfully boring and dull. And while there are definitely some that hate it, many critics I follow say this is hands down the best MCU movie and it's not close. I'm going next Thursday too, can't wait.

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis
Some of the stories:

It'll definitely be review bombed in this country. It's all the things a certain segment just won't accept.

It may be review bombed, but the mixed reviews everybody is talking about are coming from critics not fans

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Some reviews have said it breaks the Marvel mold of movies in a good way. I'm looking for something different because the formula is getting stale.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Before everybody gets off their Eternals takes, and this is kind of old news, somebody categorized the chronological timeline of every SCENE in the MCU. Massive spoilers if you’re currently watching obviously.

And of course, some enterprising fellow already created the supercut.

• Wow
Reactions: JM4CY

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone planning on seeing Eternals tonight? Unusual for me, I'm likely not to see it until next Tuesday probably. Also unusual for me, I'm not even that disappointed. Everything about this movie so far has just kind of sucked every last ounce of excitement out of things for me. At this point, its just about seeing it for myself and maybe it will change my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Scruff

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Good lord! I wish I had that kind of time for something inanely pointless as those dudes did. Alas, I will just have to spend what time I do have free to discuss movies on the internet.

Off to Eternals tonight. We'll see if the anti-hype is true. I'm pretty forgiving for a lot of these movies though as long as I'm entertained. Thor 2 is still the biggest turd of the bunch, but even it has grown on me over the years. I just can't see any movie being that bad.

• Agree
Reactions: Scruff

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron