Manhunt: Unabomber

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Anyone else been watching this series. For those who aren't aware of it, it's a series about the man who came up with the plan to catch Ted Kaczynski. I was never really familiar with the story of how he was captured. Basically a genius working for the FBI versus a genius who was a criminal.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
My wife talked me into watching it, but I'm glad I did. I had no idea that the Unabomber was a test subject for MKUltra. Not that this excuses what he did, but it certainly adds some culprits to the list.
Episode 6 was definitely an eye opener. It appears a lot of times intelligent people have tough times clicking with people and in his situation, everytime he felt like he clicked, it came back to hurt him in a way. Would have been interesting to see what he could have accomplished with his life had he not endured some of the things he did growing up.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
My wife talked me into watching it, but I'm glad I did. I had no idea that the Unabomber was a test subject for MKUltra. Not that this excuses what he did, but it certainly adds some culprits to the list.
He was messed up in the head before MKUltra, but... yeah. If you get some time, you should look at Ted's handwriting and compare it to the Zodiac Killer letters, particularly the letter sent to attorney Melvin Belli.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Episode 6 was definitely an eye opener. It appears a lot of times intelligent people have tough times clicking with people and in his situation, everytime he felt like he clicked, it came back to hurt him in a way. Would have been interesting to see what he could have accomplished with his life had he not endured some of the things he did growing up.

Short of the MKUltra experiment, most of that stuff were things that just happen in the normal course of life, so I don't know. Maybe could have been some brilliant guy at his job, but barely functional on a social level? There appear to have been some preexisting mental issues that the experiment sought to exploit. Impossible to conclude based on the information you get from watching a mini series I suppose.

Reactions: tyler24