Madison Wise grad transferring

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Completely understandable but it sucks to see. Hopefully nobody else leaves and Kristin Scott returns so we can get the good news rolling again.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
With Scott's back problems, I don't see her returning.

Joens
Maggie
Donarski
Ryan
Kane/Izzy ???

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm sad she's opting to play elsewhere, but it makes complete sense for her and I'll root for her wherever she goes.

^This. I've mentioned it before in WBB threads that if I were objectively advising a student about grad school I'd be saying to check out graduate programs outside your undergrad school especially with tuition cost taken out of the equation. She's a marketing major and lots of good graduate programs out there in Biz/Marketing.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
With Scott's back problems, I don't see her returning.

Joens
Maggie
Donarski
Ryan
Kane/Izzy ???
The 5th starter would have to be someone not on roster right now. I don’t see Kane, Izzy or Vick being starter quality.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The 5th starter would have to be someone not on roster right now. I don’t see Kane, Izzy or Vick being starter quality.

Yah they'll either have to be in the market for a grad-transfer big, or really have to embrace playing small. That's where losing Feurbach's versatility will hurt.

Reactions: ISC

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Yah they'll either have to be in the market for a grad-transfer big, or really have to embrace playing small. That's where losing Feurbach's versatility will hurt.

We were gonna play small next year anyways with Kylie and MEM starting I think. Now the talent level of that small ball goes down a bit though :)

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I'm optimistic about Izzi as a starter if we get no transfer posts, but it would be nice to get a season or two from an experienced post.
Izzi definitely has the most potential of the 3, especially offensively. It was good to get her in the program early. I would have felt better about her being a starter next year if she saw a little more playing time this year but it’s understandable why she didn’t. All the minutes she got were just bonus minutes.

Best case scenario at this point IMO is:
Emily Ryan
Lexi Donarski
Maggie EMM
Ashley Joens
Kristin Scott
6. Aubrey Joens
7. Izzi Zingaro
8. Denae Fritz
9. Morgan Kane

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Geez, guys, we've started freshman posts before. If Scott comes back, great, but if she does not we'll be fine and we will not have to start five guards. How many peeps here were dazzled by Poppens recruit rankings? Ah, no one. Same for Fernstrom who started 25 games as a freshman. It's not like we are going to go nab a five star post from the portal.

Izzi Zingaro might turn out to be a more than adequate post. Sometimes the Canadian players aren't given much recruit ranking since they are not playing USA AAU circuit. Heck, most recruit rankings in 2015 didn't even include Bridget Carleton. Don't undercount the value of Zingaro enrolling early. The fact that a high school kid even saw some end of game play was pretty good from my viewpoint.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Surprised at the lack of faith people have in Vick. She was named a Macdonald's all American Nominee.
That just requires a nomination from someone -- that's not really much of an honor, tbh. Her being one of three finalists for Miss Basketball in her division is an impressive honor, though.

But I think people are a bit cautious given that we were her only high-major offer at the time she committed. She did have several mid-major offers and some high major interest.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Surprised at the lack of faith people have in Vick. She was named a Macdonald's all American Nominee.

There are HUNDREDS of nominees. Being nominated means pretty much nothing.

"McDonald’s announced the nominations of more than 700 girls and boys high school basketball players for the 44th annual McDonald’s All American game Thursday."

With that said, she might be okay. She is at least a player that has some recruiting rankings.