LOST: The Variable

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think locke is jacob and I think walt will end up being a very pivotal character in the show. Many people have quoted walt as being "special"

Not meaning to post spoilers or anything, but I think I read somewhere that someone has been cast to play Jacob, and he is to appear sometime soon in the series.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
We've known that Walt has been special for a few years now, yet they haven't really done anything with that plot point. I'm curious to see if they ever will.

More stuff I want to know:

-What's in Hurley's guitar case?
-What's the full story with the Black Rock?
-Who are "Adam and Eve"?

There's definitely a lot more...

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
We've known that Walt has been special for a few years now, yet they haven't really done anything with that plot point. I'm curious to see if they ever will.

-Who are "Adam and Eve"?

Because the Black Rock is in the middle of the island, my guess is that the ship was sailing along as peacefully as any slave ship can, when BOOM!!! The island appears because of some fierce donkey wheel action.

I'm starting to agree with the popular theory that Adam and Eve are Rose & Bernard.

I also would like to know what Hurley has in that case.

May 14, 2006
Waterloo
What if Charlie (Desmond's son) is actually Charlie from flight 815? How would that work? Unless, Charlie (young Charlie) was born in the future and brought to the past and the island by Desmond and Penny? He grows up in the past and meets Hurley with the guitar. Maybe the guitar case has a guitar for Charlie? Everyone gets off the island and goes back to the future sometime before 815 crashes? I am not sure how this would all work...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Not meaning to post spoilers or anything, but I think I read somewhere that someone has been cast to play Jacob, and he is to appear sometime soon in the series.

Yeah but a young one I think. I did read he will show up in various places you wouldnt expect.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Because the Black Rock is in the middle of the island, my guess is that the ship was sailing along as peacefully as any slave ship can, when BOOM!!! The island appears because of some fierce donkey wheel action.

I'm starting to agree with the popular theory that Adam and Eve are Rose & Bernard.

I also would like to know what Hurley has in that case.

Boy, could I tell you some stories about spring break, Tijuana, and some fierce donkey wheel action. Don't get me started!

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Have we ever found out why Hurley ultimately decided to get on Ajira 316? He initially didn't want to go, but I can't remember how he decided to go after all.

Also, why did Sun, Ben, and Locke not get thrown back to 1977 with Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid? For that matter, how did the latter four just happen to end up in the same time period as Sawyer, Juliette, Faraday, and Miles?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Just watched the sneak peeks and this next episode is going to be...wait for it.....LEGENDARY. =)

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Have we ever found out why Hurley ultimately decided to get on Ajira 316? He initially didn't want to go, but I can't remember how he decided to go after all.

Also, why did Sun, Ben, and Locke not get thrown back to 1977 with Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid? For that matter, how did the latter four just happen to end up in the same time period as Sawyer, Juliette, Faraday, and Miles?

Ms. Hawking told them that if the conditions were not the same, unpredictable things could happen. Well, it happened.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
What if Charlie (Desmond's son) is actually Charlie from flight 815? How would that work? Unless, Charlie (young Charlie) was born in the future and brought to the past and the island by Desmond and Penny? He grows up in the past and meets Hurley with the guitar. Maybe the guitar case has a guitar for Charlie? Everyone gets off the island and goes back to the future sometime before 815 crashes? I am not sure how this would all work...

I't wouldn't work since we have already met Charlie's parents. With the ring a family heirloom, it supports him belonging to his already established family.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
You are probably right. The child's name and the blond hair can't just be by accident, though.

Well, his name isn't an accident presumably because Desmond named the kid after Big Charlie in his honor. As for the blond hair, I'm guessing it's nothing more than dramatic symbolism on the part of the producers.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

-Who are "Adam and Eve"?

I wonder what was in the book that Widmore bought at auction when Desmond was zipping around in time. It was a log book from the actual ship that was on the island. Lots of questions still

There is a very good/probable theory on who they are. It was posted several weeks ago in an episode thread. I'll see if i can find it if you want to know.

maui6651

Sep 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I wonder what was in the book that Widmore bought at auction when Desmond was zipping around in time. It was a log book from the actual ship that was on the island. Lots of questions still

One thing I'm afraid of is that some things like this were just put in to give us hints about what's going on, or in this case, Widmore's connections to the island. I'm not going to be surprised if they never reference this particular scene again.