LOST: Dead is Dead

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So, is it fair to say that the smoke monster can turn into human form? If that is the case, then my mind wanders to old episodes were the dead reappear...

Is Christian the smoke monster too? Or, is Christian like Locke --killed off the island and re-born on the island. Maybe "dead is dead", if you die on the island, but not if you died off the island and are brought back.

Good point. This includes Boone sightings among others.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don't think I am liking what I am seeing out of those 316 survivors, but it seems like they definitely know what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure those with the crate are working for Widmore. He knew that Ben was going to go back to the island and sent them along.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
"It's not a train Jon...it doesn't run on a schedule" (or something like that). I had a hard laugh when Ben said that to John talking about Smokey.

This episode gave us more proof that the island was around in ancient times. I still think that Richard is very, very old and was maybe around when the island "started" as he is the only one that doesn't age.

I love the Ben/Locke episodes, especially now since Locke knows what he is doing. Overall this was one of the stronger episodes of the season.

I thought it was an outstanding episode. Probably because it was mainly about Ben and Locke. They are both such great characters.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So, is it fair to say that the smoke monster can turn into human form? If that is the case, then my mind wanders to old episodes were the dead reappear...

Is Christian the smoke monster too? Or, is Christian like Locke --killed off the island and re-born on the island. Maybe "dead is dead", if you die on the island, but not if you died off the island and are brought back.

Maybe Locke is smokey? We didn't see the 2 together...

That would explain the "Dead is Dead" comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: BryceC

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Maybe Locke is smokey? We never see the 2 together...

That would explain the "Dead is Dead" comment.

We saw the smoke monster pull Locke into the ground in an earlier epsiode (last season I believe). They were holding onto John and he looked at them and just calmly said "let me go" It pulled him under and he later emerged unscathed.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We saw the smoke monster pull Locke into the ground in an earlier epsiode (last season I believe). They were holding onto John and he looked at them and just calmly said "let me go" It pulled him under and he later emerged unscathed.

But that was before Locke "died".

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

That was before John died. I think cycloneworld might be on to something.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

In season 1 Smokey tried to grab Locke as they were returning from the Black Rock. Last season Locke was with Ben when Smokey came after Keamy and his crew.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Maybe Widmore is in the crate?

There have been alot of hints that someone or something was in the storage area with Lockes body. That it didnt come alone.

If anyone couldnt see it well.
800px-RaMonster.jpg

Also http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hieroglyphs

I never knew that the boarding pass for Ajira airways had glyphs on it meaning underworld.

Last edited:

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Who would have been the monster before John died?

No one. I think people are just speculating that the monster has been manifesting itself as John ever since Ajira 316 crashed on the little island. If this is the case, perhaps the real Locke's body could be in the big metal crate?

But I agree that John has too much of a connection to the island to be dead. I don't think the smoke monster is impersonating him.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
So am I to believe that the island wanted Alex dead, since Ben essentially killed her. Or was he saved to help John or maybe something else?

Is Desmond, Penny, and lil Charlie on their way to the island on the boat, since thats how he ended up on it the 1st time and how everyone has to make their way back.

Also what are the chances that when they return, they also get thrown back into the past, at a time where lil Charlie could either actually be Charles Widmore(kinda the kids real name) or Charlie the rock star. Maybe Penny isnt really CHarles daughter. Might be a stretch, but who knows with this show sometimes.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
So am I to believe that the island wanted Alex dead, since Ben essentially killed her. Or was he saved to help John or maybe something else?

Is Desmond, Penny, and lil Charlie on their way to the island on the boat, since thats how he ended up on it the 1st time and how everyone has to make their way back.

Also what are the chances that when they return, they also get thrown back into the past, at a time where lil Charlie could either actually be Charles Widmore(kinda the kids real name) or Charlie the rock star. Maybe Penny isnt really CHarles daughter. Might be a stretch, but who knows with this show sometimes.

IMO, Desmond doesn't need to be on the island. He stumbled there several years before Oceanic 815 crashed.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
1.) John Locke knows way more than anyone on the island thinks he does.
2.) Alex is hot.
3.) Ben Linus is a good person, proved by how much he cared for his daughter and was deemed worthy of living. Also, he forced Widmore to leave.
4.) Widmore is bad, which is why he hasn't come back to the island... he is scared of being judged.
5.) I stated after the first episode this season, on this site, that the island is some sort of purgatory and I still believe that.
6.) Richard Alpert will become the catalyst and I feel is the most important character on the island.
7.) Juliette is hot.
8.) Lapidus will play a bigger role than expected and will not leave the island.
9.) Ceasar is not dead.
10.) Every list of 9 things has to have a 10th.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

This just occurred to me...Didn't they find Christian's empty coffin? I suppose smokey could have moved the body, but I'm leaning more towards Christian and John are really alive.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
3.) Ben Linus is a good person, proved by how much he cared for his daughter and was deemed worthy of living. Also, he forced Widmore to leave.

I don't know. I think most of what Ben has done has shown him to be a bad person. He lies constantly, he's hungry for power, and he doesn't care what happens to anybody else but himself.

I think the one thing that Ben isn't is a killer. He wouldn't kill Alex when she was a baby. He didn't kill Danielle when he was supposed to. He didn't kill Penny after seeing little Charlie. He's had other people kill for him, but the only two people I can remember him having killed himself are Abbadon and Locke. We never actually saw him pull the trigger on Abbadon, so I think it's possible that maybe he didn't do that. And Locke, well...doesn't appear to be actually dead.

By the way, how old was Ben supposed to be when he was sent by Widmore to kill Danielle and Alex? He was 12-ish when Ethan was born. Ethan looked like he was about 12-14 when he and Ben went to kill them, so Ben would have to have been in his mid-twenties? I just found it funny because no matter what kind of toupee you put on him, Michael Emerson does not look like he's in his mid-twenties. :wink:

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Ben also shot Ceaser in the chest. We don't yet know if Ben killed him, but the intent is the same.

Edit - Also, didn't Ben kill his dad directly when Dharma was wiped out? Also, even if he didn't kill them directly, you can't help but blame him for the entire Dharma purge.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Ben also shot Ceaser in the chest. We don't yet know if Ben killed him, but the intent is the same.

Edit - Also, didn't Ben kill his dad directly when Dharma was wiped out? Also, even if he didn't kill them directly, you can't help but blame him for the entire Dharma purge.

True. I guess he also went all BA when those guys on horses came up on him in the desert just after he'd left the island. OK, maybe he's more of a killer than I thought. I was just typing as I was thinking.

Still, he seems to have at least a little bit of a heart in-so-much as he won't kill kids or mothers in front of their kids. He's a regular saint. :jimlad: