Looks like the Mayor made a visit to practice

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Fred was also at the football game on Saturday. Only good things come from having a guy like the Mayor as an Alum.

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
I've seen Wes shoot around at State Gym and his release is very very smooth. Lucca and him are both very 'pure' shooters. They will be a great asset to have this year. The only thing that worries me about Wes is that he not a very big muscle wise, it will be interesting to see how he does against some more stout back courts.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Just sounds like he needs a little rest and the knee will be fine. He has played a lot of basketball this summer and this is a direct result of over use. I hope:unsure:.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
It sounds like he was evaluating players for the T-Wolves...my best guess is Craig.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He was wearing a brace during practice Friday moving fine until the end of practice...Lucca started grabbing his knee, I turned to a buddy and asked what is going on with Lucca, very next trip down floor he went down on the sideline. Trainers were helping him, when I had to leave.

And so it starts again. We can't even get through one practice without an injury to a key player. It's just like last year.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
He was wearing a brace during practice Friday moving fine until the end of practice...Lucca started grabbing his knee, I turned to a buddy and asked what is going on with Lucca, very next trip down floor he went down on the sideline. Trainers were helping him, when I had to leave.

Oh crap - the last thing this team needs is an injury to a key player. Wes J's foot injury last year cost us a few games. There's no margin for error with this team.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Not trying to panic anybody...As of today, they are not sure if Lucca will be okay to play or not.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
record-player.jpg

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not trying to panic anybody...As of today, they are not sure if Lucca will be okay to play or not.

Not be be critical, because I like your posts...but "not sure" essentially means nothing. It means they don't know anything one way or the other...so there is no news at all. "Doubtful" would be a much worse thing.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Not be be critical, because I like your posts...but "not sure" essentially means nothing. It means they don't know anything one way or the other...so there is no news at all. "Doubtful" would be a much worse thing.

exactly...

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Lucca will end up being at ISU for 4 years and never play a game. It will be legendary. The best player to never play.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
AARRRGGHHHH!.....dammit!

Why I am I surprised though? We're Iowa State fans. We're good, hard-working, loyal people, and yet it seems that nothing good ever happens to us.

This just confirms my beleif that we were all either Nazis or plundering, pillaging Viking warriors who slayed by the thousands in past lives, and this is our karmic payback.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Fred Hoiberg rules. Classic Iowa Stater. Nice to see him checking out the team.

Also, about the blog/article....Wes E....my sleeper player this year. Yeah...a bit undersized...but I have a feeling this kid is going to be lights out from outside the arc... hopefully he is scrappy on defense and gets steals.

Please don't be hurt Lucca....I mean come on....only at ISU! We just have had the worst luck in all sports in the past couple years.... I hope he gets healthy soon.

Help Support Us

Become a patron