Lisa Bluder Retires

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
KCCI just reported that Bluder is 63 and after spending the off season with her husband decided to retire. Seems strange to wait this long, but maybe by waiting she insured that Jensen would get the job. Bluder caught lightening in the bottle with CC and I would guess she understands that she is never going to get reach the finals again, and thought it was a great time to travel or spend time with the grandkids.

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
Idk people seem to forget about her time in Iowa City. Wasn’t exactly a wonderful situation off the court.
Tread carefully. You are absolutely correct but for whatever reason there are people that want to bury the truth.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Think her wife is employ by Iowa also. So unlikely she would leave.
I think the right offer and the job of the spouse isn’t an issue. It could be here, but not absolute.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah I'd never consider her an all-time great coach in WBB in general. My take was all-time great in program/school history.

Just thought “basketball icon” was a little odd choice of words. Had they said Iowa/Hawkeye icon, it makes sense.

Especially paired with the “grew the game” graphic (a Clark phenomenon, not LB)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Just thought “basketball icon” was a little odd choice of words. Had they said Iowa/Hawkeye icon, it makes sense.

Especially paired with the “grew the game” graphic (a Clark phenomenon, not LB)

You know they are going to make the last 2 seasons the pivotal point of WBB in their mind forever.
Pat, Geno, Mulkey Vandeveer (?) at Stanford are all way more influential coaches than Frau Bluder. Other than these last 2 yrs Bill and Bluder have very similar careers.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
You know they are going to make the last 2 seasons the pivotal point of WBB in their mind forever.
Pat, Geno, Mulkey Vandeveer (?) at Stanford are all way more influential coaches than Frau Bluder. Other than these last 2 yrs Bill and Bluder have very similar careers.

I’d throw Muffet and Staley into your list as well. And it’s not a knock on Bluder, but those coaches have multiple national championships and pretty deep legacies that are hard to match.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron