Let's not BOOO Army

puckwarrior

Aug 31, 2006
QC
My son played hockey at West Point for a couple of years, treat them like any other team. They like to live in the real world and get away from all the military stuff for a few hours. With the schedules they have to keep when they are at West Point, all the booing in the world isn't going to affect them.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I was hoping to get a camo shirt made in ISU colors with an I-State logo on it. Thought it'd be nice way to show respect and still sport ISU gear.

I'm in for the camo shirt.
Different shades of red as the body of camo with ISU in Yellow /gold, with a thin line of white trim to help define it on the shirt.

If it is red we can wear it at all home games, even nebraska if we have the bright Yellow / gold ISU in the middle of the shirt.:wink:

Since I sit in the bleacher section, it would be great if all south end zone people wore it. That would make a statement. :yes:

I would prefer not booing, having served 12 years in the military.
Sportsmanship is always in style. :cool:
Why act like a "hawkeye" when we can be noble and polite like a true CYCLONE FAN with class. :biggrin:
Then defeat them on our home turf.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If someone could make a shirt with cardinal and gold and put it into ACU camo, I would buy that. For those that don't know, this is ACU...

acu-pattern-0.jpg

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I must be the only one that thinks booing of any kind is just slightly more mature and useful than giving the bird in traffic.

I tend to agree. I was on the hillsides for the 2007 ISU/Iowa game. There was a group Iowa fans in front of my family and I. When the Cyclones took the field, one guy (Way too drunk) stood up with both birds flying high and yelled FU the entire time. His friends eventually convinced him that he was going a little overboard.

I told my kids that was a pretty classless way to act, but it wasn't much different than booing - he was just being more emphatic.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
I have an 18 month old daughter that a couple months ago started playing this game. She would hide behind a door, under a blanket, or around the corner. When someone comes closes she jumps out and goes "Boo!!". Cutest thing that melts the heart every time she does it.

In 20 years from now, I pray that her vocabulary has developed enough and she is mature enough to not go "Boo" when an opposing football team enters a stadium. If not, someone needs to slap me because I failed as both a parent and role model.

I would be down for a camo Cyclone shirt.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think some of you are taking the whole boo thing a little too seriously. It's nothing but a little ribbing. Some people do it, others don't. I sometimes boo, does that mean my parents have failed?

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I like the Camo Cyclone shirt idea....someone with connections should get on that.

As for booing, I think a completely silent stadium would suffice, or maybe a 3 clap like MBB. Then, when the place erupts when ISU appears, it would seem more of a change. Some one needs to coordinate the timing of each team running out on the field.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I think some of you are taking the whole boo thing a little too seriously. It's nothing but a little ribbing. Some people do it, others don't. I sometimes boo, does that mean my parents have failed?

Must......resist........comments.........

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
On a side note, I heard the coaching staff told the players that they shouldn't tackle the Army guys out of respect and should just let Army win. :jimlad:

It's a football game there's going to be cheering, booing and trash talking just like there should be. I guarantee that if you ask any Army players they would tell you they wouldn't feel disrepected by the boo's cause they know they are coming into their competitors stadium and expect it to be hostile.

So make it hostile before and during the game, and then when it's over salute them and give them the respect they deserve.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
On a side note, I heard the coaching staff told the players that they shouldn't tackle the Army guys out of respect and should just let Army win. :jimlad:

It's a football game there's going to be cheering, booing and trash talking just like there should be. I guarantee that if you ask any Army players they would tell you they wouldn't feel disrepected by the boo's cause they know they are coming into their competitors stadium and expect it to be hostile.

So make it hostile before and during the game, and then when it's over salute them and give them the respect they deserve.

Unless they somehow take a wrong turn, lose their commission, and end up as cooks. Then remind them that their parents have failed.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Nothing wrong with booing during a game, thats part of competition and I'm sure the guys at Army can handle that. They are intelligent people who understand the spirit of competition, and that it doesn't mean we don't respect what they do for a living. If not then they should seriously consider another line of work because they obviously won't be able to handle the rigors of battle.

On a side note, I find it pretty funny how much people go out of their way to "support the troops" but won't think twice about disrespecting a Police officer. They are pretty similar really, both just doing their jobs to try and keep us safe.

Last edited: