Leath didn't want Fran?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Do I take from Leath's quote in Randy Peterson's article that he didn't want Fran as MBB coach at ISU, or was he only saying no to Bobby Knight?

"When this process started, I told Jamie I did not want a coach that was going to publicly humiliate players, throw chairs onto the court and kick," the president said. "That was important to me. Winning was hugely important to me."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...cenes-iowa-state-landed-steve-prohm/28763301/

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Rutgers University just got their name dragged through the mud nationally because of a basketball coach.

If I were Leath that would be a top priority of mine as well, there's no escaping a Big 12 school's basketball coach is a potentially news worthy target...try to get one who doesn't disgrace the school. We went through it enough already with LE with his ups and downs.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Rutgers University just got their name dragged through the mud nationally because of a basketball coach.

If I were Leath that would be a top priority of mine as well, there's no escaping a Big 12 school's basketball coach is a potentially news worthy target...try to get one who doesn't disgrace the school. We went through it enough already with LE with his ups and downs.

Thankfully no mentions of Natty Light, dating co-eds...etc

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
200.gif

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Well, then there's the Paul Rhoads/Mangino combo. At ISU, Mr. President

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Whilst I would love to think our University President was very subtly trolling Iowa and Mad Fran, I highly doubt that is the case. He just wants someone who is not going to bring negative light to ISU looking like a psycho.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Whilst I would love to think our University President was very subtly trolling Iowa and Mad Fran, I highly doubt that is the case. He just wants someone who is not going to bring negative light to ISU looking like a psycho.

He was saying "no psycho" and within that terminology are Fran, Knight, LE, Rutgers Psycho, etc...

I'll put CPR in that list when I see him pyscho in an instance where he's not being raped by Big 12 officiating, frankly it needs to be a job requirement for an ISU football coach given the active campaign to keep pounding us in the rear. If he went off on players publicly the way that list above does, then he'd fit more neatly.

Honestly Fran chilled out a ton this year. I barely recognized the guy. Someone at the university had to have spoken to him. Sure he defended the eye poking like it was necessary, but he wasn't publicly dishing out verbal abuse to his players like past years...turns out he didn't need to as they had their best season.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I get that there are a large number of posters on here who want CPR fired. I really don't understand the need to bring him up in every negative way in basketball threads. I bet that is doing wonders for football recruiting, and maybe even basketball recruiting when perspective players read this site. If CPR is still our coach three years from now, do you want him to have the best players possible? Please give it a rest.