Last Chance U: Basketball

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Anyone watching this latest Last Chance U installment? I have only seen the first episode, but think it's pretty compelling.

I know that the level of competition is fairly low in the Cali Juco ranks, but it seems like they have some athletic dudes on that team.

Small spoiler: You get to see a few shots of Lindell Wigginton in the first episode.

Reactions: Halincandenza

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I saw that this was coming a couple weeks ago, need to watch, loved the football ones.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I watched 1.5 seasons of the football ones. They were good, but I think this basketball one will be better.

The first episode was good. Less athletes to keep track of with arguably higher ceilings than the football players that found themselves at the Juco level for lots of different reasons.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have driven by Tinsley's old community college Mount San Jacinto College quite often and wonder if it's still like a last chance U type of basketball team, I'm guessing it was exactly that back then. I actually hike Mount San Jacinto a lot.

In the retire the jersey thread I love the graduation part of the debate given we have a top 5 or top 10 player with...JC degree, no ISU degree, no high school degree. In a way it's admirable that he worked around it, but it was also such a weird workaround for the system.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Just started watching. Really enjoying it so far. Yeah spotted Wigginton in the Oak Hill picture. Their top player, Allen, is pretty damn impressive. Really like the head coach. Impressive person.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
A few observations after watching 3 episodes.

John Mosley/Head Coach-Seems like one of the most decent people I've ever seen.
Joe Hampton-I cannot stop myself from hating this guy. I try to make excuses for him but he comes across so bad especially when you look at...
Deshaun Highler-Wow, what a heartbreaking story. How can someone like Joe Hampton act like such a baby when you have someone like Deshaun handle such a tough situation.

Reactions: ruflosn

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I just watched the first episode last night, having already watched every football season. Gonna keep giving it a shot.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
A few observations after watching 3 episodes.

John Mosley/Head Coach-Seems like one of the most decent people I've ever seen.
Joe Hampton-I cannot stop myself from hating this guy. I try to make excuses for him but he comes across so bad especially when you look at...
Deshaun Highler-Wow, what a heartbreaking story. How can someone like Joe Hampton act like such a baby when you have someone like Deshaun handle such a tough situation.
Joe Hampton I just couldn't pull for. Sorry but some people in my world just don't get any sympathy after they are given opportunities after opportunities.

Reactions: ruflosn

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
And of course after the 4th episode they flip the switch and make Deshaun not look so great.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
KJ Allen just commited to Texas Tech, was signed to USC, not sure what happened there.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone06

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Joe Hampton I just couldn't pull for. Sorry but some people in my world just don't get any sympathy after they are given opportunities after opportunities.
I feel like he will commit some kind of violent felony in the next decade. He gives off some off putting vibes.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
KJ Allen just commited to Texas Tech, was signed to USC, not sure what happened there.
Interesting. Wonder if there was a academic issue there where he could get in to Texas Tech but not USC? He pretty much admitted he wasn't a great student. Was an LA kid so don't think he would just all of a sudden say I would rather go live in Lubbock, TX.

Seems like Red Raiders getting good player though. Physical & athletic.