Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
You guys are acting like she pooped on the ISU rug in your man cave. She's just a teenage gal who is going to play amateur sports for another team or maybe "tribe" based on the reaction. Not actually the end of the world. Nor is it a Stacy Frese level transfer (to use an example of it going the other direction), not even close.

I think we may find that our new signee, Nyamer Diew, might prove to be an upgrade in the long run as far as team needs go.

Don’t be silly. Nobody really cares about losing the player (we have guard depth), it’s simply the fact the player was one of our starters and just transferred out to our in-state rival.

This next Cy-Hawk game is going to be a doozy.

tenor.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You need to do a little more explaining. I see no reason she wouldn't be starting next year.

Doesn't really matter other than people want to find some reason for her transferring that isn't related to our coach. Playing time is a good feel good response. Considering Iowa's roster, and that she is from an ISU family, I'm not buying it. She isn't assured of any more PT at Iowa, let alone starting, than at ISU. Hawk are coming off a Sweet 16, have everyone back and adding two top 50 players. She'll fit in somewhere because she's a better defender and slasher than their three point shooting wings/guards but she's not walking into a starting situation, at all.

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Feel sorry for her. Seems kinda confused. Maybe Iowa will come to love her for all the wrong reasons.

But I don't see her being a big thing over there. Almost humorous turn of events which I hope finds her in a better situation.

Kylie came to Iowa State knowing it, and the coaches, so well. Oddly, one year here, only to see her pack it in and move to an in-state rival!? As I saw it earlier, we lost a legacy and hard for me to get a perspective on the move.

Weird how this went. Some day maybe, she will give her slant on this messed up affair.

Reactions: SMP05 and exCYtable

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I wish her nothing...I cannot find the words to finish the thought.
As being a diehard Cyclone fan, this is a head scratcher. I am beginning to think something more was happening during the season and I am not talking about on the ISU. Like talk between friends or promises...thoughts?
Not much doubt about that. Pretty obvious.

Reactions: NEICyFan

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
So if you win you can be that type of coach? 706 wins is not enough?

It’s been a decade since CBF has coached on the 2nd weekend of the tournament. He’s a far cry from the coaches mentioned and is 2nd banana in his own state.

Things aren’t all hunky dory right now. Will probably see a couple more go. There’s a reason why so many coaches stayed away from Joens and that dynamic isn’t helping the situation.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Once a Cyclone, always a cyclone.

Unless you pull a douche move like this.

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out. Would’ve rooted for Fauerbach if she went anywhere. Even Baylor. But this move is just a **** you to everyone in this fan base who rooted for her.

And to be honest, probably best to let someone who thinks this is even remotely acceptable walk. Scum bag move.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
You need to do a little more explaining. I see no reason she wouldn't be starting next year.
  1. It is reasonable to say Kylie would be at best 4th in the pecking order after Ryan, Donarski and Ashley Joens among ISU's perimeter players. So Kylie was going to compete to start against Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw and Aubrey Joens for minutes. Both shot better than Kylie from 3. ISU's 4th perimeter player's primary role will be as spot up jump shooter. OR
  2. ISU's recruitment of Nyamer Diew seems very intentional. One weakness of ISU's starting line-up during the 2020/21 season was we struggled against physical teams. So if Diew plays 4, I doubt that is going to send Ashley Joens to the bench.
It's reasonable that Kylie might not start. It also seems reasonable that Kylie could be a 20mpg player next season- same as this season.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
It’s been a decade since CBF has coached on the 2nd weekend of the tournament. He’s a far cry from the coaches mentioned and is 2nd banana in his own state.

Things aren’t all hunky dory right now. Will probably see a couple more go. There’s a reason why so many coaches stayed away from Joens and that dynamic isn’t helping the situation.

The only reason he did not coach “on the 2nd weekend” this season is because of the 10 missed foul calls at the end of the A&M game.

Last edited by a moderator:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
While it sucks to see her go to a school in state it's not like she is a make or break player on the roster for next year if she stayed. If she was a 6-4 post player then it would be a different story but we are pretty deep at the guard/wing positions and really could use some physical players in the post. She's going to play a similar role at Iowa as she did at ISU and likely will be fighting for minutes there too.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and SMP05

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The only reason he did not coach “on the 2nd weekend” this season is because of the 10 missed foul calls at the end of the A&M game.

Great.

How about the other 10 seasons? He’s a good coach but he’s not those coaches. Totally different level credibility wise. That’s the point.

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
While it sucks to see her go to a school in state it's not like she is a make or break player on the roster for next year if she stayed. If she was a 6-4 post player then it would be a different story but we are pretty deep at the guard/wing positions and really could use some physical players in the post. She's going to play a similar role at Iowa as she did at ISU and likely will be fighting for minutes there too.
You said pretty much exactly what I was going to. Strictly from a basketball perspective it's not really going to hurt much at all, IMO. She averaged 5 pts, 3 rebs, and less than 1 assist per game, shot 27% from 3, 36% from the field. Our 5th-6th best player this year and likely would be for the next couple years too. Very replaceable and I don't think she was ever going to be the focal point of the offense in her career here so I don't think it's worth freaking out about. I get the frustration that she's going to our biggest rival but the production isn't a big loss by any means

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it certainly won't be like the yr Haluska came back to Hilton. If I remember right Haluska and Pierce the rapist were both on Iowa's team that yr, It made for some great chants started by the students and up in the balcony.

Surprised when she transferred, disappointed she went to Iowa.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Help Support Us

Become a patron