KXNO Sports Fanatics

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
The producer of the Murph and Andy show tried to eat and entire tub of ******* cheeseballs for clout on their show.

Feels like that job is being properly appreciated.

Clearly not every one of their ideas was a hit, but you can’t argue they succeeded in making a large community of people who generally enjoyed their content and which made sense for advertisers—very similar to here on cyclonefanatic. Unless you found Murph and Andy’s content as detrimental to society, I’m not sure why you and others continue to crap on them.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Clearly not every one of their ideas was a hit, but you can’t argue they succeeded in making a large community of people who generally enjoyed their content and which made sense for advertisers—very similar to here on cyclonefanatic. Unless you found Murph and Andy’s content as detrimental to society, I’m not sure why you and others continue to crap on them.

The idea that you can't criticize anything if it has an ounce of worth is certainly a take. This is a message board - people criticize things on message boards. If it bothers you so much, maybe don't open the thread?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Listen Keith... I just find your constant hard ons for women half your age (and in 2 cases underage) to be creepy.

It's fine if you get your jollies watching a dope eat cheese balls and try to drink a gallon of milk between segments shoehorning Caitlin Clark into a discussion on the holocaust, Shawn Johnson's taco commercial and talking about Lolo Jones's viewpoint on the Battle of Bull Run (2 of these are true) but to say that the producers of this are somehow visionaries is a bit much don't you agree?

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
The idea that you can't criticize anything if it has an ounce of worth is certainly a take. This is a message board - people criticize things on message boards. If it bothers you so much, maybe don't open the thread?

Nowhere did I say that. This is obviously a message board and I understand whining comes with the territory...but guess what...the whining like some in this thread (and across the site) makes cyclonefanatic a less enjoyable experience.

I get you guys don't like Murph n Andy because you think they don't talk enough cyclones/talk too much Hawkeyes/are too sophomoric, etc...but they never promoted themselves as a show dedicated to one topic..."sports and more". Not sure why you want to trash on one of the few media outlets who actually promoted regular, positive discussion about Iowa State.

A show like Murph n Andy's is way more responsible for growing/benefiting Iowa State's brand over the lifespan of their show than any average cyclone fan. Plus, I'm guessing the Murph n Andy show probably could've benefited greater if they focused more heavily on hawk conversation than they actually did due to the larger number of Hawk fans vs Cyclone fans.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Nowhere did I say that. This is obviously a message board and I understand whining comes with the territory...but guess what...the whining like some in this thread (and across the site) makes cyclonefanatic a less enjoyable experience.

I get you guys don't like Murph n Andy because you think they don't talk enough cyclones/talk too much Hawkeyes/are too sophomoric, etc...but they never promoted themselves as a show dedicated to one topic..."sports and more". Not sure why you want to trash on one of the few media outlets who actually promoted regular, positive discussion about Iowa State.

A show like Murph n Andy's is way more responsible for growing/benefiting Iowa State's brand over the lifespan of their show than any average cyclone fan. Plus, I'm guessing the Murph n Andy show probably could've benefited greater if they focused more heavily on hawk conversation than they actually did due to the larger number of Hawk fans vs Cyclone fans.

I hope Murph and Andy see this bro.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The obvious answer is probably Mia Hamm but Clark is in the running. What is the attendance difference in her games vs the other WNBA games?

If by influential you mean ratings/attendance impact, I think those two women are head and shoulders above everyone else. There are other ways to be influential though obviously. Lisa Leslie and Cheryl Swoops helped build the WNBA, Billie Jean King beating a man, Serena Williams being dominant (and also a black woman in an otherwise pretty white sport)

Billie Jean King beat a retired 55 year old man. That would be like a WNBA player beating 55 year Charles Barkley in 1on 1. Funny, but not that inspiring. Serena Williams, Biles, FloJo, are good examples though.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
And on another day ending in y for Keith Murphy, a discussion about Audi Crooks transitions to how Caitlin Clark is transcending the sport.
That was pathetic. Didn’t take long to transition either.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Put in it on in the car to hear another day of Murph no Andy, couple of shows they both were MIA. You only have a few shows left how hard is it to finish them out.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Put in it on in the car to hear another day of Murph no Andy, couple of shows they both were MIA. You only have a few shows left how hard is it to finish them out.
probably had to rush out to Indiana to help ccc with her mental problems