KXNO Sports Fanatics

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
David, that’s probably because anytime someone who has been mentioned in that conversation…….has had rings and titles.
If Iowa is in the SEC or ACC, does Clark win anything in her 4 years?
Obviously will never know, but I'm guessing she doesn't

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
David, that’s probably because anytime someone who has been mentioned in that conversation…….has had rings and titles.
It's dumb anyways. There are a ton of athletes that would be listed among the GOATS but are automatically dinged because they lack championships. Ever heard of Dan Marino David?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I would say no to Clark. No defense. No championship. Tons of turnovers. I would say she is one of, if not the greatest offensive player in women's college basketball history. I would also put her high on the list of greatest of all time. Thee greatest? No.

The whole no championships narrative is pretty lazy though. IMO the biggest argument for Clark is that she isn't surrounded by a loaded roster like the former college greats she's being compared to.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
The whole no championships narrative is pretty lazy though. IMO the biggest argument for Clark is that she isn't surrounded by a loaded roster like the former college greats she's being compared to.

Win shares and PER are stats that even out that argument.

I understand this will get me executed in this state but Maya Moore is probably the best women's basketball player I have ever seen and that's most likely because I am not old enough to have seen Cheryl Miller play.

Era in which one plays always has a lot to do with all these players; which is why the GOAT arguments are stupid. For example... Jackie Stiles. What could she have done in the Steph Curry era of letting it fly or if her percentage (44% career) would have seen a considerable drop into the 30's as her 3 point attempts went up? Back in the late 90's early 00's she was a player ahead of her time.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It's dumb anyways. There are a ton of athletes that would be listed among the GOATS but are automatically dinged because they lack championships. Ever heard of Dan Marino David?

Elway, Montana, Brady, Mahomes. All better. All have rings.

• Disagree
Reactions: GT25Ump

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

As lazy as going off of just offensive stats? She didn't have a bunch of bums around her. Marshall, Czanio(sp?) Stulkey and Martin were pretty good players. Don't insult them so much.

She didn't play defense. She also turned the ball over a ton. She took a lot of bad shots. Wonder if that has anything to do with zero championships?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
As lazy as going off of just offensive stats? She didn't have a bunch of bums around her. Marshall, Czanio(sp?) Stulkey and Martin were pretty good players. Don't insult them so much.

She didn't play defense. She also turned the ball over a ton. She took a lot of bad shots. Wonder if that has anything to do with zero championships?

If someone else wants to say she the GOAT, more power to them.

Why must I say C.C. is the GOAT as well? Why is that important to people that I agree with them?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I think that's a little overdone.

Taurasi won a Natty her senior year with no other WNBA picks (Ashley Battle, Barbara Turner, Ann Strother being the other main players).

Maya Moore won a Natty her sophomore year with basically only Tina Charles (who was really good).

Some of those Sue Bird years were totally stacked teams, but I think it's a little overdone to say all the UCONN teams were stack while Iowa was only Caitlin.

Reactions: rosshm16

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah the day after our sweet 16 loss the Murph and Andy show was Fales Sipker and AD. I immediately shut it off because it was just going to be 3 guys reveling in our defeat.

That's odd. AD has been gone for a while. Did he return for a guest spot? Also Siepker is an ISU grad, but I guess that doesn't mean he's a fan.