Ku fires athletics director, Dr. Sheahon Zenger ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku Athletics' financials are a mess. Football is a mess. Zenger's coaching hires have been a mess. His administration has been a mess. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Huge error when they let Glen Mason get away. He always fielded competitive teams that once in awhile challenged for conference titles and bowl games. Although he finished a .500 coach, he was superior to anything Ku has had for the most part before or since. Ku finished #9 in the country the year before he left for Minnesota, where he had the Gophers in 7 bowls and 2 top 20 finishes over his 10-year stay.
Surly, you're a god****ed idiot but you couldn't be more right with this post.

• Funny
  • Friendly
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and surly

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Also, it would be interesting to know how the fundraising is going for the stadium project.

My guess is that the big donors let the President know that if they are expected to step up on the stadium, time for the AD to go.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
My guess is that the big donors let the President know that if they are expected to step up on the stadium, time for the AD to go.
Agree and they might as well keep Beaty until the stadium reno is funded. No coach can recruit to that junkyard.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Was listening to 810 WHB in Kansas city today. Good points made.. this wasn't a football only decision. If they wanted to relieve him of his duties solely due to the football teams performance, this would have happened months ago. He is an article that came out last week from the kstate student newspaper regarding a reported hazing incident from july 2017 that doesn't sound was addressed under his watch..

https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2018/05/04/ku-cheerleaders-come-forward-with-hazing-allegations/

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Was listening to 810 WHB in Kansas city today. Good points made.. this wasn't a football only decision. If they wanted to relieve him of his duties solely due to the football teams performance, this would have happened months ago. He is an article that came out last week from the kstate student newspaper regarding a reported hazing incident from july 2017 that doesn't sound was addressed under his watch..

https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2018/05/04/ku-cheerleaders-come-forward-with-hazing-allegations/

Yeah, the talk here had been football program, Adidas scandal, and cheerleader hazing all adding up to the firing. Also hearing that fundraising for the stadium was going poorly. Shocker, I know.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'd bet he'd be pretty safe with 5 wins even. I'm not saying he gets there though.
Beaty has as close to zero chance as you can get of A) winning 5 games and B) keeping his job even if he wins 5 games. He will be fired at the end of the season barring a massive win total.

You don't hire a new AD to NOT fire your football coach.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
New AD hired:

"the University of Arkansas announced that it had parted ways with Long effective immediately, with the school's chancellor saying Long had "lost the support of many of our fans, alumni, key supporters, and members of the university leadership.'"

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
"the University of Arkansas announced that it had parted ways with Long effective immediately, with the school's chancellor saying Long had "lost the support of many of our fans, alumni, key supporters, and members of the university leadership.'"

Well, he won't lose any football fans at KU. You have to have football fans first.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'll repeat the comment I just made in the Big 12 AD Pay thread:

I'll consider this as a win for the Big 12 conference. Long was on the original CFP committe and was the Chairman of the committee through 2017. His statements in regards to the new TV contracts and possible conference expansion will be ones to key in on.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I'll repeat the comment I just made in the Big 12 AD Pay thread:

I'll consider this as a win for the Big 12 conference. Long was on the original CFP committe and was the Chairman of the committee through 2017. His statements in regards to the new TV contracts and possible conference expansion will be ones to key in on.

Very interesting pieces of information.