KU FB

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Taking this kind of personal aren’t you? I am no Bama fan, but there are few teams I despise more than K State.

I’ve also never been a fan of the whole cheer for your conference thing. I hate that the SEC and Big Ten made that a thing a couple of decades ago, mostly with the help of the national media.

But I’ve never understood why any Cyclone fan would purposefully cheer for a team we directly compete with for recruits and position in the conference to beat a team like Alabama on a national stage. Yes, let’s cheer for great things for K State to get an even bigger leg up in any way. A win against Bama sure as hell won’t hurt them that’s for sure, it’s only going to help them. They already won the conference which helps them and hurts us.

I will only cheer for the Big 12 when a national championship is on the line mostly. So TCU, I hope like hell they win this thing. But bowl games aside from the CFP I don’t give two ***** about and hope it doesn’t help our direct competition in any way.

Couldnt have said it better. The whole cheer for the conference thing is just weird. I cant stand most of the other teams in the Big 12. TCU is about the only program I dont have a problem with. I hope they win it all. **** kstate!

• Love
Reactions: surly

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Couldnt have said it better. The whole cheer for the conference thing is just weird. I cant stand most of the other teams in the Big 12. TCU is about the only program I dont have a problem with. I hope they win it all. **** kstate!
It’s cool if that’s your thing, it’s just not mine as I have never understood the fascination with cheering for the conference. Especially when the national media still ***** on you or doesn’t talk about you. Take basketball for example, the media does talk about how the Big 12 has been the best for for several years but if the Big Ten had three straight national title teams, all different, with 2 of the 3 winning it and the other an eyelash from winning it, the chatter would be nauseating.

So my thought is I don’t want anyone we directly compete against (Okie State, K State, and those type of schools) to get any good juju going. Now if they play for a national championship I will pretty much cheer for them because that does help the conference. So I am all for TCU shocking the world, but that’s usually where I draw the line. And even then sometimes (cough KU basketball) I won’t do it.

• Love
Reactions: surly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron