Kirk Ferentz refuses to take a paycut

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
He does some boneheaded and stubborn stuff - the latitude he gives his son chief among them - but I agree with you.

On the other hand, given the NFL talent they produce there's an argument that they are near-perpetual underachievers.

I think the difference is that they don't produce NFL talent at premium or skill positions. Sending lots of Offensive Linemen, Safeties and Linebackers to the league makes you real physical and tough to play against at times but it doesn't make you an elite team that's going to win 10 or 11 games every year.

I honestly think Kirk does as well as you can possibly do at Iowa, especially considering the talent that he, and everybody else not named Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan, has access to in the Big 10.

Reactions: baagoe

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He's a ****. I don't hate him for it, he's a **** who backs it up.

I also like Rick Heller of the baseball team. I'm sure there are a few others. But Ferentz and Fran....

I agree but he has his boys wrestle mean....something ive been jealous of for 15 years.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Brian taking State assistance- benefit of the doubt
Several players hospitalized for rhabdo- benefit of the doubt
Racist culture stemming for at least a decade- benefit of the doubt
Publicly announcing a pay cut but not following through- benefit of the doubt

I see a trend yet nobody is questioning KF.

Don't forget two players accused of sexual assault...golden boy tells them to go back to their dorm room (also known as the scene of the crime).

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The "he donates money to charity" crowd will be along soon.
The smartest piece of advice freerents ever took was when someone told him to donate his yearly bonus to the university or the children's hospital and take the federal income tax deduction that comes along with it, instead of banking that money. His simple act of choosing to give that money to the EIU instead of the federal government has repaid itself in good well among the fan base 10 fold at least. Plus at his salary range he would need the deductions.

Freerents has the right to keep his bonus, but in today's world, he would have been better off taking a 10% salary cut, he really does not need the money, and this story will hurt him more than the loss of the money will with the EIU fanbase.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The smartest piece of advice freerents ever took was when someone told him to donate his yearly bonus to the university or the children's hospital and take the federal income tax deduction that comes along with it, instead of banking that money. His simple act of choosing to give that money to the EIU instead of the federal government has repaid itself in good well among the fan base 10 fold at least. Plus at his salary range he would need the deductions.

Freerents has the right to keep his bonus, but in today's world, he would have been better off taking a 10% salary cut, he really does not need the money, and this story will hurt him more than the loss of the money will with the EIU fanbase.
He also has the right to be raked over the coals when he either backs out of a verbal agreement to take the cut or let's erroneous information that he is taking the cut be out there without correction. He profited from the goodwill of having his name associated with taking cuts to help the AD solve a financial crisis and maybe save programs on the chopping block. When that turns out to not be true he has to pay the piper in the court of public opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Wife works at the U of I hospital. Every nurse there had to take a week off without pay or forfeit a weeks worth of PTO due to budget shortfalls. These are the people that had to come to work every day and actually deal with the people who had COVID. And they don't even sniff the level of income annually that KF is going to get in his Bowl bonus. Disgusting! :mad:

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Wife works at the U of I hospital. Every nurse there had to take a week off without pay or forfeit a weeks worth of PTO due to budget shortfalls. These are the people that had to come to work every day and actually deal with the people who had COVID. And they don't even sniff the level of income annually that KF is going to get in his Bowl bonus. Disgusting! :mad:

Yea but he'll wave at them this fall.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yea but he'll wave at them this fall.
And kids will wave back like this

tenor.gif

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Just like the Racism issues Kirk will reactivly take action now that the public has found out. He fired or let go Chris Doyle after everyone found out. Had the public not found out CD would still be at IA. Now that the public has found out Kirk has not lived up to his financial agreement he will pay up by the fiscal year end which is june 30. He'll just say he was waiting to the year end before paying. This is unbelievable.

Help Support Us

Become a patron