Kirk Ferentz refuses to take a paycut

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Kirk taking a $100k bowl bonus for a game that didn't happen while Iowa has to cut 4 sports is truly unbelievable. Like how do you sleep at night

Didn't the courts order Iowa to keep the sports then Barta tried to act like "it was the right thing to do" ?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Dude is an absolute snake oil salesman, and Iowa fans and media just keep buying it.

-Pressure a sexual assault victim to let them handle it "internally"
-Meanwhile have players move back into the room where the assault happened, and surprise, they don't want to live with a bunch of "evidence" of the kind you might expect so they clean it up.
-Rhabdo award
-Racist football culture
-Etc. etc.

Fran's a douche with anger management problems, but I at least think he's a fairly authentic person. If my kid had to play for either I'd much rather have him play for Fran and it's not even close. For the most part what you see is what you get. Run afoul of Ferentz, and you're going to have Ferentz, the Iowa AD, the state of Iowa sports media and fans coming after you and trashing your character. Just because Ferentz does **** behind the scenes and let's the media do his dirty work for him people get fooled, yet it's so blatantly obvious for people willing to open their eyes.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Live look in on Fran realizing he could have said "No" to the cut.

giphy.gif

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I mean Kirk and the boys only had one massive scandal in 2020, that is above average for the University of Iowa. So he definitely deserved a bonus.

My favorite part of this story is that Brands won the freaking national championship and took the pay cut. Kirk won 6 games and didn’t lol

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Seems like Kkkirk is coming to the realization that the end is near and like his ol buddy Doyle is unhireable.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seems like Kkkirk is coming to the realization that the end is near and like his ol buddy Doyle is unhireable.
You only wonder how much longer he can last. He'll be 66 before the next season kicks off, between the racism scandal and this, plus his age and the fact that recruiting is about to enter a tailspin, I could see this being his last season in Iowa City. And at his age, I think he'll "get" to retire as opposed to be let go from grace. He'll probably move on to a TV role for BTN

Reactions: exCYtable

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You only wonder how much longer he can last. He'll be 66 before the next season kicks off, between the racism scandal and this, plus his age and the fact that recruiting is about to enter a tailspin, I could see this being his last season in Iowa City. And at his age, I think he'll "get" to retire as opposed to be let go from grace. He'll probably move on to a TV role for BTN
I think he gets this year and next year then he will be done

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I mean Kirk and the boys only had one massive scandal in 2020, that is above average for the University of Iowa. So he definitely deserved a bonus.

My favorite part of this story is that Brands won the freaking national championship and took the pay cut. Kirk won 6 games and didn’t lol

To be fair though, if you listen to many of their FB fans, they also really won the National Championship - covid just screwed up the details.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Barta: “Kirk I ended swimming so you don’t have to take a pay cut. But I need to say you took a pay cut so I can justify the action.”

kirk: “I am a legend, nobody will bat an eye. Now go get me more bubble gum”.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa fans swooping to this thread to rationalize this in 3….2…..1….

Reactions: RezClone