Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
He’s on with Ross Petersen, who is a Hawk fan, but is excellent on the radio. In my opinion, he’s the best of anyone on local radio.
So why doesn't CW bring it up on the show? I guarantee the hawk homer would if this was about ISU? I see people saying the media isn't talking about it, why doesnt CW bring it up?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You continually sensationalize things. You went from quite a few new accusations to 2 new ones in a matter of minutes.

The other day you were saying that nobody knew what was in the report that Howe wrote about until he broke the story and then when proved quotes that are several weeks old that shows they were discussed you changed horses to the small steps Iowa took to address those issues.

But hey, you once helped on a project which had a topic of racial discrimination so you're the expert here.

Please remind us again the username of the poster on a rival site (CF) complaining on the number of pages of a lawsuit on Bill Fennelly versus this thread.

BTW- this makes 8426 posts. So there, GFY!!

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Wasn't this accusation already out in the open?
You seem to know all the truths, is this player one we can believe or is this one lying? I feel for the kid. Coaches are to be leaders, not bully's. **** move Doyle.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do I need to provide the Barta quote from June 15 again to you? It covers what was in the report. You are quite forgetful on things that don't fit the narrative you're running with here.
"As it pertains to not knowing or he should have known, he knows that as the leader of the program that he’s responsible for everything that occurs in the program.”

Barta said the former players speaking out over the past week and a half came as a “wake-up call” to him. However, he said the athletic department was previously aware of certain shortcomings.

Several statements came out of the anonymous interviews from the study that Barta called “concerning.” Two examples Barta shared Monday was that one athlete at the time said that “I felt like I had to put a mask on and check my identity at the door.” Another said during the interview process that “I was told by my coach to change my hairstyle because it didn’t fit the Iowa culture.”

Barta generalized about the report done. He tip toed around the report, overall alluding to black players not feeling comfortable there. He never went into the specifics of what the report found as to why the players felt that way, nor the behaviors of some of the coaches towards them.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
OOF. Another one. Triangle can add this to the list of players SPECIFICALLY citing KF as the problem

tumblr_oow7pzoH0y1s30ko5o1_400.gifv

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
"As it pertains to not knowing or he should have known, he knows that as the leader of the program that he’s responsible for everything that occurs in the program.”

Barta said the former players speaking out over the past week and a half came as a “wake-up call” to him. However, he said the athletic department was previously aware of certain shortcomings.

Several statements came out of the anonymous interviews from the study that Barta called “concerning.” Two examples Barta shared Monday was that one athlete at the time said that “I felt like I had to put a mask on and check my identity at the door.” Another said during the interview process that “I was told by my coach to change my hairstyle because it didn’t fit the Iowa culture.”

Barta generalized about the report done. He tip toed around the report, overall alluding to black players not feeling comfortable there. He never went into the specifics of what the report found as to why the players felt that way, nor the behaviors of some of the coaches towards them.

June 15:

"In early 2019, they came back with a report and concerns that were raised in interviews. Many of our African-American student-athletes did not feel comfortable being their true selves. Some said they felt like they had to put a mask one when they entered the door, asked to change hair style, and some felt they were't treated well."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Another allegation that just came out from Terrence Harris.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
June 15:

"In early 2019, they came back with a report and concerns that were raised in interviews. Many of our African-American student-athletes did not feel comfortable being their true selves. Some said they felt like they had to put a mask one when they entered the door, asked to change hair style, and some felt they were't treated well."
"some felt they weren't treated well".

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So why doesn't CW bring it up on the show? I guarantee the hawk homer would if this was about ISU? I see people saying the media isn't talking about it, why doesnt CW bring it up?
Not sure why. He doesn't cover their program so really wouldn't have any bridges to burn there. My guess is kxno is worried about backlash in the form of boycotting. More than half their listener base are hok fans. And in their business you gotta give the people what they want, which sadly isn't social justice apparently

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
So if Ferentz backed everything up that Doyle did why in the hell is he still coaching. Nevermind, he gave Doyle an award after rhabdomyolysis ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.