Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The people on this board thinking they "know" what happened, what will happen, is comical.
You realize I said this was all happening over two years ago right? I got crucified for saying it too. I have a pretty good pulse on this situation

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
In that case the plaintiffs should not settle. Go to trial, prove your case.

The people on this board thinking they "know" what happened, what will happen, is comical. The situation is likely somewhat grey. To think that Iowa's staff was just out and out racist towards their players, probably more than 50% of which have been black over the past 15 years just does not hold a lot of water. If that were accurate there should be A LOT more plaintiffs and a lot of coaches that had been knocked out over the years. How is Akrum going to describe trying to get his brother a scholarship at Iowa the last year AW was there? I mean........?

I'm predicting Brian shows up for his deposition wearing a tie with a sleeveless dress shirt and coaching shorts. Strains a next muscle holding back his anguish then drops to the floor with convulsions.

• Haha
Reactions: besserheimerphat

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If there is a word for something similar to optimism but like 10 times more optimistic than that, it would be perfect to describe this post. I don’t see how you think setting bad precedent is more damaging for the football program than a drawn out discrimination lawsuit. I agree with the majority of what you are saying but I don’t think you are taking enough into account how damaging something like this is to a program in a sport where optics are very important. That doesn’t even go to mention how devastating it would be to lose a suit like this.

Damage? What damage? They Brought in a top 25 recruiting class for goodness sakes.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Damage? What damage? They Brought in a top 25 recruiting class for goodness sakes.
Have you seen their recruiting since June? They were top 10ish in June, lost out on a run of recruits they were considered favorites for and had two African American recruits decommit

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There's no debate about whether or not the Iowa Football Program was racist or not...... they were.

70 some players are not all lying..... and they ended up getting rid of their high profile S & C coach too over it. Why would you pay him off to leave if you believed your program was innocent? You wouldn't.

Everyone across the country knows it is a racist program.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh, absolutely they don't want the story out there. Kind of a rock and a hard place and you just have to gut it out like every other public figure/institution that gets accused of something. Part of the deal for being a big target. Now, if there were like 100 former players and there were recognizable names in there I think this would be a different situation. The staff would be out, they would reach a settlement and move on. However, here this group of plaintiffs has some issues and that allows something for Iowa to hang their hat on and defend themselves. They signed a top 25 recruiting class, finished in top 15 and I think are top 25 (2021) AFTER all that came out. So, I think things would need to change radically before they change gears.

AccurateCalmFlea-size_restricted.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
One issue that was pressed early that could be very damaging if they have someone to testify to it is the statement about Kirk tearing down certain players to NFL front offices/coaches. If they have a couple people come forward, Kirk would need to have a couple come forward to show how he ripped white players similarly. It’s a double edge sword. Don’t, and your racist, you do and it looks like you trash a lot of your players and it gets used against you.
I'd like the prosecution to ask how many other assistants have gotten an award like the one that was created for the guy that put a dozen kids in the hospital and who is so toxic that NFL players said would fight him if he even looked at them.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Have you seen their recruiting since June? They were top 10ish in June, lost out on a run of recruits they were considered favorites for and had two African American recruits decommit

You fail to mention that recruiting anywhere other than the Ohio States of the world has been extremely limited because of the pandemic. A football asst. coach for a B1G school currently coaches one of my kids sports and the only reason he can do so is because they cannot do normal recruiting until June. But carry on.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You fail to mention that recruiting anywhere other than the Ohio States of the world has been extremely limited because of the pandemic. A football asst. coach for a B1G school currently coaches one of my kids sports and the only reason he can do so is because they cannot do normal recruiting until June. But carry on.

I'll call ******** here and this exposes you as hok troll if not already apparent. Go to line for hoks the last year+ has been 'but pandemic'.

Hasn't impacted ISU recruiting negatively

Pandemic caused the decommits?

Pandemic only affects recruiting AA athletes?

Listen, we get it - you are thrilled with the state of hok football. So are we. I hope things keep trending in the same direction for both programs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Weird. Campbell seems to have still been able to get a number of very nice recruits despite the same restrictions everyone else has.... wonder if there could be another factor in play?

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU has 4 3 star recruits for 2022. Iowa has 2 commits, 1 4 star, 1 3 star. So, I certainly see your point....,,,
Both of Iowa’s 2022 commits are white though.. Which is entirely the point lol. Guys who are white and / or are from the state of Iowa aren’t going to take this the same as a an African American kid from out of state..

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you haven't followed Iowa's football recruiting since June. Got it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU has 4 3 star recruits for 2022. Iowa has 2 commits, 1 4 star, 1 3 star. So, I certainly see your point....,,,
Do you even know who Eli Sanders, Malik Verdon or Myles Purchase are? And those are just kids you lost out on to Iowa State that's not even mentioning Ricky Parks, Skyler Bell, Arlen Harris, etc

Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So you haven't followed Iowa's football recruiting since June. Got it
I mean there have literally been recruits who’ve noted these allegations as reasons not to go on visits, de-committing, as well as just not even considering Iowa at all.

That’s the whole point of it lol. Saying “it hasn’t effected recruiting” is just being ignorant. It hasn’t even been a year since these allegations came forward. It’ll likely take a few years for there to be any actual impact on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.