Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Wallace violated privacy laws. He absolutely MUST be fired. He's actually #1.

Doyle should go. At this point we're up to what, 40 people accusing him? There is clearly an undeniable pattern here. Plus, he's shown absolutely no inkling of regret or desire to change. It's over.

From here is where it gets dicey for me.

BF, there are a lot fewer accusers and a lot fewer details.

Again, I think the former players need to be consulted. They all seem pretty lockstep in wanting Ferentz to stay, so he should stay. Just my opinion. Again, we're lacking details here. If what Morrow said is proven to be true, if Wadley's mom brings a lot of things to light, etc, then my opinion could change.

To me if they refuse to can either of the top two guys, then it's a problem at the top. Under no circumstances do I think Ferentz is fired let me say, and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody loses their job.

Thank god the world has clone fans who know when laws were violated and what should take place with the employment of coaches and staff inside the Iowa Football program. The worlds problems are solved just put the isu fan base on it.

What are you guys going to tackle tomorrow, global warming or Middle East peace? Oh and will that be in this thread you will CyTwins start a separate one?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Yup, the policy was stupid and tone deaf. Worse than the outright ban. The former players speaking out made it obvious that a culture shift is needed, so that is what the new policy is designed to do. Not sure why you guys are criticizing Ferentz and staff for listening to his players and making the changes that they want to see.

Yeah, the guys being told to pull up their pants, to go back to the streets, not getting PT or starting spots, getting longer suspensions - all they wanted was to be able to go on Twitter, you're totally right. Those are the changes they want to see.

Reactions: diaclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Is it exhausting ball-washing everything Iowa athletics? I imagine it would be.
What a strange hill to die on. The university doesn't give a **** about these people trying to save face on their behalf. Plus, anyone on the outside looking in can see how effed up the program has been for greater than a decade. No matter how hard Karen on Facebook tries to tell us differently.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To put on the charade that he did of being concerned about justice for the Iowa athletes that spoke out and wanting to see consequences or reform for the responsible parties when his real concern was how much can this benefit ISU is sick.

The real charade is to say stuff like this while trying to pretend that you do really care about seeing a culture change in Iowa's program.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thank god the world has clone fans who know when laws were violated and what should take place with the employment of coaches and staff inside the Iowa Football program. The worlds problems are solved just put the isu fan base on it.

What are you guys going to tackle tomorrow, global warming or Middle East peace? Oh and will that be in this thread you will CyTwins start a separate one?

Is Kallenberger lying? If he isn't, then privacy laws were violated. Again, I'm just listening to what your players have said. Why is that so hard? Am I allowed to have an opinion on this or not?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
What a strange hill to die on. The university doesn't give a **** about these people trying to save face on their behalf. Plus, anyone on the outside looking in can see how effed up the program has been for greater than a decade. No matter how hard Karen on Facebook tries to tell us differently.

Another clone fan that knows better than the people actually involved. I am sure they will sleep better tonight knowing clone fans are on the case. I know I will.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Take this for what it is worth. I know someone from with the walls of the athletic department at Iowa. They said it is a **** show but at this point in time, everyone there thinks Ferentz will weather this storm and Doyle isn't going to sink in the storm either. If Doyle leaves, if will be because Herald or BOR steps in.

If Doyle is retained, outside pressure is going to be immense and will be a massive PR nightmare. For Iowa fans and the AD, they need to realize that there are no "good" options. Retain Doyle and the PR nightmare will be incredible.

I firmly believe they will ultimately cut ties with Doyle, let KF play the "I didn't know anything" card, roll out some stupid action plan and policy changes, moron media will believe all that nonsense, and Kirk's able to stick around a few more years and let this fade enough to go out on his terms.

There is a chance that if Ferentz has Doyle's back and they retain him that the outside pressure will be massive to clean house.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I referenced this earlier, but this exact stuff was trickling out in 2013 about DJK. The only difference is the political climate is different now than it was in 2013, and people like DJK are taken more seriously when they bring this stuff up. This is not some new revelation.

Reactions: Angie

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Another clone fan that knows better than the people actually involved. I am sure they will sleep better tonight knowing clone fans are on the case. I know I will.

Is Kallenberger lying?

Reactions: aauummm

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Are you insinuating you're involved? I'm not what you're trying to get at otherwise. There are known facts and that's enough for rational people to understand the gravity of the situation in Iowa City. You defending Kirk and the boys on CF changes literally nothing. It does, however, show your true colors though.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Is Kallenberger lying? If he isn't, then privacy laws were violated. Again, I'm just listening to what your players have said. Why is that so hard? Am I allowed to have an opinion on this or not?
I didn’t say he was lying. There is a massive gap between making fun of someone and committing a privacy law violation.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Andrew downs on podcast bleeds black and gold and is trying every way to save every staff member

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I didn’t say he was lying. There is a massive gap between making fun of someone and committing a privacy law violation.

He specifically said he wrote his grades on the board, which his parents didn't even know about due to privacy laws. Was he lying?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
View attachment 72595
Kirk could shoot someone on Ped Mall and get away with it

Maybe, but could he get away with pressuring a sexual assault victim into letting it be handled internally, having players move into the alleged crime scene? Not bloody likely.

Or could he get away with making up a one-time award for an assistant the same season said assistant put players in the hospital? Doubt it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Now maybe you and CyTwins can find for me the former players that are calling for KF to be removed. I have seen them say change is needed. I agree Iowa football should make changes if players are being demeaned. Or are clone fans In a better position to know better what is in the best interest of Iowa football?
I have not seen any former player call for Kirk to be removed, however I did see one former player state Kirk is to be blamed as all of this happened under his watch.

And "if players are being demeaned"? I don't think that should be an if. Multiple accounts prove that players were in fact being demeaned and mistreated, some of them report even racially discriminated against.

And what does our opinion on this issue matter? Obviously those in Iowa City aren't taking this too lightly as people vandalized Kinnick stadium and his statue. I think they're voicing their opinion pretty loudly by those actions.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Are you insinuating you're involved? I'm not what you're trying to get at otherwise. There are known facts and that's enough for rational people to understand the gravity of the situation in Iowa City. You defending Kirk and the boys on CF changes literally nothing. It does, however, show your true colors though.

Clone fans are the ones saying who should and shouldn’t be fired. I am so glad that all that needs to take place is for decision makers to consult with the isu fan base about what is in the best interest of the Iowa Football program. Truly fascinating.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Clone fans are the ones saying who should and shouldn’t be fired. I am so glad that all that needs to take place is for decision makers to consult with the isu fan base about what is in the best interest of the Iowa Football program. Truly fascinating.

Kallenberger specifically said his grades were written on a public board, which his parents didn't even know about due to privacy laws. Was he lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.